Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is skiing a Sport or a Hobby for you?

Poster: A snowHead
What would you consider skiing is for you... a Sport you participate in or a Hobby or perhaps an Obsession, Life Style, Pastime, Holiday activity or ????

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 16-11-11 13:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a lifestyle duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudde Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably a bit of all of the above in my case. Think if I actually lived in / near the apps it would much more be a permanent fixture, where as now (and I suspect similar for many fellow snowheads) it's probably best described as an obsessive holiday past time. Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, like it Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
all of the above with the following caveats.

Sport - Apart from the fact I'm not good enough to compete
Obsession - Apart from the fact I'm not rich enough to fulfill my obsession
Pastime - along with drinking (insert just about any alcoholic drink) as often as possible.
Holiday activity - probably the most realistic choice given the points made above.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

Obsessions of any kind account for many stresses in relationships and a Skiing obsession is no exception.

I wonder how many relationships have bit the dust because of it?

Madeye-Smiley

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
What would you consider skiing is for you... a Sport you participate in or a Hobbie or perhaps an Obsession, Pastime, Holiday activity or ????

...... a fetish.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, [pedant mode ON] HOBBY not hobbie [pedant mode OFF] wink

Life style! that's why I am living and working where I am!

Edited to correct HORRENDOUS spelling b00b Laughing

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 16-11-11 14:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hobby / pastime / obsession (along with other hobbies/pastimes/obsessions). Same with mountainbiking.

I don't compete against others or myself, so wouldn't call it sport. Even doing a timed run thru gates or down the boardercross run (on skis) is just for a laugh, and not with the intention of "winning" (although a quicker time would of course be nice).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="skimottaret"]What would you consider skiing is for you... a Sport you participate in or a Hobbie or perhaps an Obsession, Pastime, Holiday activity or ????

Started skiing 18 months ago at age of 46, went with lads having had 1 previous lesson. Struggled all weekend snowploughing all over the mountain. There was no time to fanny about i just had to get on with it !!! i had a sore backside i can tell you, but it was the best weekend of my life. had 4 trips w/ends last year and now cannot get enough of it. I have 5 trips booked in the next 6 months and am constantly thinking about skiing. I think i am becoming OBSESSED !!! if you only had one word to describe Skiing what would it be - Mine would be 'FREEDOM'
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiing is a love, one of two or three in my life. Raises me to a different plain, no matter how I struggle down the slope (see my photos from yesterday).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue, if you are going to be a pedant (and why not), maybe the first thing would be to learn how to spell ... pedant? Very Happy

For me it's a hobby, but that doesn't make it any less inportant
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Holiday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sanman, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its an obsession! Started as a holiday, turned into a Sport and is now an Obsession.
snow conditions
Quote:

learn how to spell

Quote:

inportant

erm Wink
ski holidays
Way of life for sure ... determines where we live, where kids go to school etc

Also a sport, obsession and pasttime
snow report
I don't see it as a sport I participate in - more an obsessive holiday activity during the winter & a bit of a hobby during the spring/summer/autumn with Hemel Inside Out skiing
ski holidays
Something to stop boredom until Spring arrives when I can start work again.
latest report
I would probably say hobby or obsession more than sport

By saying sport it makes me think of competitive racing, which I have never done
snow report
Obsession, definitely. Most people who know me would agree, too. I think even the mrs has resigned herself to living with a snow junkie.
ski holidays
Started out as my wifes dream holiday - turned into hobby then obsession now its an obsessive sport !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm still a c*ap racer

Fattes13, Family fattes was missed at training last night, presume you were watching" the moustache" in action playing the beautiful game..........
snow report
It is my life.
Likebriand6868, it started out as a hobby, turned into an obsession and now it determines where I live and work. It is a year long thing, and I don´t know what I would do without it Madeye-Smiley

More than likely, be locked up somewhere wink
snow report
Hobby
ski holidays
kooky, I like it - if I could speak the language well enough I would seriously think of following your route - what a fantastic life for you and L.B.

horizon, Similar sentiments in my house.
snow conditions
briand6868, German is easy, believe me, I am as thick as two short planks, if I can pick it up anyone can Blush
snow report
kooky, You moved to Austria to avoid being locked up? Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions
kooky, A teacher of German in the school I work in has offered to swap German lessons for Ski lessons which I agreed to - only problem is he still hasn't plucked up the courage to strap on the planks !!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geepee, you know full well I work in a cellar!!!

briand6868, goodness I wondered what you were going to say in that last bit of that sentence Shocked Shocked Good job Scarpa is away Laughing Laughing
snow report
kooky wrote:
geepee, you know full well I work in a cellar!!!

Who do you work for, Max Mosley? wink
latest report
cc_7up, two over here, and counting...
snow conditions
It's a holiday at the moment. Would love it to become a way of life, maybe when Jnr has flown the nest, maybe sooner who knows.
latest report
DB, Laughing

State of mind.
snow report
Employer.
latest report
briand6868, A combination of a slight illness and supporting the greatest mustache in sports history doing us proud
latest report
kooky, Just copped what you meant - wouldn't be at all surprised with this lad, he is a bit odd to say the least.
snow report
briand6868, Embarassed I have a mind like a sewer Laughing Laughing that´s what you get for hanging about with ski racers wink
latest report
Quote:

perhaps an Obsession, Life Style, Pastime, Holiday activity or ????

...definately obsession!
ski holidays
All of the above.
latest report
DB, nah kooky works for somebody called Fritz or something similar. But he has not visited her cellar for a couple of years now, so we let her out now and again so she gets some colour in her cheeks! Laughing wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy