Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots for wide feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anybody recommend ski boots for wide feet. I know Technica boots are good any others?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head do too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go and see one of the boot fitters who are prevalent on here, either Smallzookeeper or cem. I personally have use one of the previous and have nothing but praise.

It's not just about how wide your feet are, it's about how you ski, your ankle flex, and a whole load of other considerations. One of the experts in boot fitting will be along shortly to advise you, but I would suggest going to visit and get a proper fitted boot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies.

The boots are not for me, I am trying to save my brother from the misery of rentals! Just looking for something second hand (I know its tricky).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always had problems with foot width over years and always found that I prefer Tecnica over Head. But...as ansta1 says there are so many factors to consider that I'm not sure I'd ever consider buying a pair that never tried. Good luck.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
head edge, tecnica modo, atomic B tech, Nordica sport machine, salomon mission, etc etc all wide fitting but all very different in terms of general shape and volume... most rental boots are wide fitting so if he is going for the first/second time and not got any money to do it properly he is probably better off just renting rather than guessing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jablonka, I've used Technica and Salomon hire boots which were both comfortable but some Nordica's (dont recall model)were agony. I bought a pair of Atomic B-Tech for this season but when I initially tried them on I wasn't too sure (couple of hot pressure points on left foot). After what I considered to be an excellent boot fitting at Snow & Rock The Atomics fit perfectly and feel like slippers. Only a little stretching but most importantly I spent a few quid on surefeet footbeds to suit my wide foot and high arch. I couldn't believe the difference in feel with a correct fitting footbed as opposed to standard. I'm sure others will know better but I thought the Atomic was narrower than some of the others mentioned so I guess its about taking time to get a good fit as opposed to just going in and asking for a wide boot. Just coz a boot is typically wide doesn't mean it will fit YOUR wide foot.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirac18, like all brands atomic make wide boots and narrow ones, with a whole heap in between it really depends on the model you end up with, the B tech is a 104mm last (measured in size 26 shell) the Race tech STi is 93mm in the same size
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy