Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Operators from Geneva Winter Season 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hearing reports from a meeting with the management of Geneva airport this week where it was clearly stated that the authorities were going to come down hard on all the unauthorised unscrupulous unlicensed companies out there!

So before you book/pay make sure your Transfer operator is authorised registered insured etc etc to operate in France AND Switzerland.
Be particularly suspicious if they offer to pick up / Drop off in the airport car parks and not the official drop off/pick up points!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd agree with your topic on the whole Boredsurfing apart from this bit;

Boredsurfing wrote:
Be particularly suspicious if they offer to pick up / Drop off in the airport car parks and not the official drop off/pick up points!

In previous years at weekends Car Park 51(possibly the wrong number) is the official car park for the transfer companies to use.

The authorities often don't let buses near the terminal and then often check the buses using it to make sure that they've got the correct licences etc etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marcellus, AFAIK 51 is the Car hire car park now?
Unfortunately the previous excellent GVA website has been updated and is now dreadful!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ah in which case what's the one the other end up by the exhibition hall which you get to through the railway station?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus, P33 it is called.
Many of us now use the underground car park below arrivals, and pay. Purely for the convenience. Must be under 2m van.

P33 is a bitch of a walk with all the bags, and often the lift is en-panne or just too busy. Welcome to Geneva, here is the loading/unloading bay of Migros supermarket. NOT NICE.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, P51 is the Cheapest Long Term Car Park at GVA. It houses the Hire Cars on one level.

I was at the meeting, and will post something when there is more to say. I am expecting feedback from the airport any day.
All I will say is, the airport authorities do want to improve the passenger experience, but have to work within many restraints, physical and political.
They are making changes as anyone who has passed through in the last 8 months will know. Departures level and now arrivals level car parks have been a nightmare, but the works are coming to an end.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DallyPaul, DallyPaul,
Quote:

will post something when there is more to say

Banning the "unauthorised unscrupulous unlicensed companies" sounds straight forward to me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, They can always pull in across the bridge outside of Zurich Help Point - there's a small up/down layby on the RHS of the Motorway at departures level wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all,

Yes, Geneva Airport Management have been weilding a big stick again. (Similar thing happened 3 years ago).

To be honest, it was the same old rhetoric. One big difference though: There will be no roller-banners or large signs allowed in the Geneva Airport Arrivals Hall this year. The airport management don't want you, the holidaymaker to be able to find your Rep/Driver from your chosen transfer company easily. So, you'll have to search carefully to find them.

The long walk to P33 at weekends remains in place.

Without getting into all the International Transport Law here on this forum a lot of what they said was legally incorrect and amounts to a restrictive trade practice against EEC/SWISS Accords. I have circulated an email to the list of those operators present at the meeting, and we are seeking further discussion with the airport/authorities on points of law and practicalities.

As far as you, the consumer, are concerned, my advice is to BOOK YOUR TRANSFER IN ADVANCE! Don't just pitch up at Geneva Airport and expect to be able to find/book/blag a lift to resort this winter! Also, make sure that you have PAID in advance too by credit card. Do not 'pay cash' on the day. This reduces your chance of selecting an unscrupulous operator and will mean that you have a PAID TICKET in advance before arriving at Geneva Airport. The airport authorities have said that they will be checking your transfer tickets this winter!

For the record we're fully licenced and also hold an International Regular Service Authorisation. Happy

Cheers.

Andrew
www.chamexpress.com
www.morzexpress.com
www.aostaexpress.com
www.megevexpress.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy