Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fantastic pictures in the mail today

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2061545/Extreme-photographer-captures-daredevils-pulling-tricks-ski-mountain-11-000-feet.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Superb..

More HERE where you realise the Metro has cropped the pictures..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They seem to making a big deal about the 11000ft altitude (about 3500m, nothing special) and the fact that they're above the clouds (which can happen when you're pootling around at 1800m in any resort, anywhere).

Great pics of course, I just didn't get the hyperbole in the accompanying article.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed great pics - just a rubbish article!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
...it's the Daily Mail, what d'you expect?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"SKIING ABOVE THE CLOUDS CAUSES CANCER"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got to love the Helmet debate breating out in the comments section Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The good thing about this article is that it helps more people realise that the vast majority of the articles you read about in newspapers or wathc on the TV are dire at best.

If you ever know anything about the real facts behind a story reported in the press you quicly realise that truth and journalism are uncomfortable bed fellows at the best of times.

I'm not just talking about the The Mail and the Metro, the so called quality press is just as guilty.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"skiing above the clouds wasn't exactly safe"

Riiiight, so next time there's a temperature inversion at Cairngorm and I'm teaching beginners to snow plough I'll remember these informed words and remind everyone the DM says what we're doing is dangerous 'coz the clouds are below us .... sheesh rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are a couple of good pictures of dogs in the Dail Mail.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The photographer claims to have had hypothermia frequently.

What more need be said.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
roga,
Nothing to do with temperature inversion, mate. Those highly dangerous clouds, which are also preventing the sunshine from reaching the hardworking taxpayers in the valley, were clearly caused by illegal immigrants and unmarried mothers living off benefits. Next time it happens at Cairngorm, give the DM a ring and they'll get them all cleared away for you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dogs... Daily Mail... skiing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2025500/Joyce-McKinney-Madam-Mayhem-loves-Mormon-missionary-kidnapped.html

McKinney said she loved Anderson so much that she 'would have skied down Mount Everest nude with a carnation up my nose for the love of that man'
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Big Paua wrote:
roga,
Nothing to do with temperature inversion, mate. Those highly dangerous clouds, which are also preventing the sunshine from reaching the hardworking taxpayers in the valley, were clearly caused by illegal immigrants and unmarried mothers living off benefits. Next time it happens at Cairngorm, give the DM a ring and they'll get them all cleared away for you.

As a Daily Mail reader, shocked by the problems these clouds are causing hardworking taxpayers, what I really want to know is how is it affecting the value of my house? wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Marmot wrote:
As a Daily Mail reader, shocked by the problems these clouds are causing hardworking taxpayers, what I really want to know is how is it affecting the value of my house? wink

The clouds are obviously formed from the dust kicked up by the rush of illegal immigrants rampaging though our (apparently) unmanned borders. This will have a drastic effect on house prices beneath the cloud and all snowHead's are calling on the government to invest in large fans that can be placed on the roof to blow away the clouds and stop these hoodies (helmeties) from terrorising honest, god fearing tax payers with their incessant leaping.
The home sectary confirmed that there had been a notable increase in this type of cloud-leaping since the abolition of national service.
She has also said that she would be forming sub-committee to look at the feasibility of re-introducing some form of community service for those found to be idling away their time on any form of leaping.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 15-11-11 18:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
"The resort has 1,430 skiable acres, a vertical lift of 3,680 feet, 32 trails, terrain parks, and halfpipes."

So, about half the vertical of Tignes then?

As others have said, great pictures but brainless text.
ski holidays
Big Paua, Mr Marmot, Wayne Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Interesting what newspapers think are good shots. Shots where you can't see what they're off or where they're landing... well perhaps the paper's photo editor doesn't really understand the sport much.
snow report
Those skiers in those pictures are clearly rubbish. Look, they can't even keep their ski's parallel, they've got them tangled and criss-crossed all over the place. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy