Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Anton - holiday advice

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, hope all's as well as can be on this dreary Monday morning!

My best friend has just got married, and wants to go skiing for one last hurrah before they have children, and skiing is out for a few years. He would like to go to St Anton, a resort I know well.

That last couple of times, we went with Skiworld, who were excellent - once early in the season and once late. This year, we would like to go in the first 3 weeks of March.

I would appreciate any personal recommendations for people who can organise an all-inclusive ski holiday in the resort - and especially any operators who do luxury accommodation. And what personal experiences of accommodation i.e. particular hotels/chalets does anyone have? Half of me is up for the usual £1000 for a catered chalet/lift pass/ski hire/flights deal (if I can find one - the internet isn't turning much up at the moment), and half of me thinks that as this is a last hurrah for him, we just get some super luxury thing (although in St Anton perhaps this is a waste, as apres ski tends top be about going outm, rather than staying in...and the town has a brilliant spa complex etc anyway, for that sort of thing)

I have e-mailed the usual TO's and asked for some quotes, but am up for any further information that I can find!

Thank you in advance,

Harry.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For luxury it's hard to beat Scott Dunn - especially with the quality of their 'free' booze (used to prelash with their staff on expensive champagne and The Balvenie Portwood - nice contrast with our otherwise dirtbag lifestyle at the time!). Powder White are also worth looking into.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you don't mind travelling independently and eating out every night, Pepis Ski Hotel right in centre of town is very very nice, albeit not 5 star. Some of the lads I go with always stay at The Post but personally I think splashing out on top drawer hotels is a wee bit wasted in St Anton, only because you're a wee bit wasted yourself half the time
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Clarky - Scott DUnn look like they have some excellent chalets; e-mail sent!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Hotel Arlmont is pretty classy albeit that it's at the Nasserein end of town. But right by the gondola and ski in/out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Harry Flashman, This place looks really tricky, B&B accom and no wellness but well positioned for main town centre wellness centre (highly recommended by the way, great saunas etc) centrally located and staggering distance from most restaurants (St Anton great for eating out) and bars, and super-handy for lifts. Not stayed there but its one I will be trying sometime:-

http://www.piltriquitron.com/

Dont know where you are based but flights to Munich or Zurich, Lufthansa or Swiss and train transfer easy. I'd not be using a TO for St Anton, rather spend my cash on guides and seeing the town rather than paying for mega hotel and not using the facilities, becasue the lure of the apres is so good! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at Bramble Ski, their chalets are in the luxury bracket (no idea of prices).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.kalumatravel.co.uk/ski/resorts/st_anton.html

Lech am arlberg

http://www.luxurychaletcollection.com/the-collection/aurelio-clubhouse/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, Kaluma do the Lux Alpinae, always looks like a smart place. Cant really go wrong anywhere eh, quality is so good IMO!! I go 3* b&b pension usually, still very clean and at £50-60pppn even in peak season I'm happy...........will be even happier in 3.5 weeks when its snowed and I'm there wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29, I was in the Lux Alpinae last year - gotta love their belly dancer. But perhaps I am not helping the OP Embarassed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27, Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Harry Flashman, I'll be keen to hear what you come up with...my birthday is in March and St Anton is one of the locations I as considering for the 3rd week (17th or 18th) of March.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Harry Flashman, Forgot this..................opens in 2 weeks time, couldnt get closer to the action!

http://www.themooser.at/
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
Harry Flashman, Forgot this..................opens in 2 weeks time, couldnt get closer to the action!

http://www.themooser.at/

I saw this being built last year and it certainly looked luxurious and with the rooms having a great view down the slope into town.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The biggest reason to go to St Anton is the off-piste which is huge and at any standard you want. If he is into that then he should ski as much as he can with ski guides Piste to Powder. You can book a guide privately but otherwise they will put you in with a group of the same standard.
latest report
The biggest reason to go to St Anton is the off-piste which is huge and at any standard you want. If he is into that then he should ski as much as he can with ski guides Piste to Powder (see http://www.pistetopowder.com/ ). You can book a guide privately but otherwise they will put you in with a group of the same standard.
snow report
snowball wrote:
The biggest reason to go to St Anton is the off-piste which is huge and at any standard you want.

Sure is but thats only if they get snow. There is nothing right now (even at altitude) & nothing in the forecast for at least next 7 days.

We would of normally expected some decent snowpak at altiude by now.

This season is starting to show the same weather pattern as the beginning of the dry 2007 season.

At least it now very cold at night & they can pump & dump some groomers on the mountain Mad
snow report
I Found Scott Dunn & Powder White to be a bit different from each other. I stayed with Scott Dunn once and they were really good but I also paid a price for that where the are more on the luxury end. Powder White cost a little less and also had some deals which saved a bit more. The standard of the chalets was good, the food was good too although I recently heard they have improved the menu & wine further since I last visited. So it comes down to preference where if I had the money I may try www.scottdunn.com otherwise would go with Powder White who also do hotels & apartments if the budget is lower. I stayed with a bunch of friends in the Hokkaido http://www.powderwhite.com/chalets/valdisere/ which was comfortable but they have renovated since & hear its better.

Are there any other decent chalet operators out there, would like to hear about it, especially chalets for 8.
snow conditions
chaletgurl, Powder White for sure aren't at the luxury level of SD, but for the price they're pretty damn good.
ski holidays
This is in Zug just outside of Lech. The price includes a 6 day lift pass. Amazing location and amazing hotel.

http://www.rotewand.com/

Good celebrity spotting place aswell the owners are involved with catering for Formula One, Moto gp, Americas cup.
latest report
boabski, I don't know what standard hotel you normally stay at but the prices at Pepi's ski hotel are a bit eye watering :

Prices for winter season 2011/2012
Our rooms are available at a starting price of € 150,00 per room and per night.
snow report
robboadd, Zug is hardly what the OP is after!
snow conditions
Super Travel are excellent and have fab chalets in St Anton
latest report
deerman, The OP is looking for something special. When Pepis 1st opened a few years ago, there were a few guys in a 'sub group' with us that managed to get it for €70 a night though. Their rooms were excellent, mobile phone as rooms keys etc....
ski holidays
Thanks all for the input. I think everyone is after St Anton itself, rather than Lech - so the search continues. Scott Dunn have been in touch, and have a deal - pricey, but the chalet looks top notch. Getting quotes in, so any suggestions are still welcome! Will feed back on what we decide on and book...
snow report
I can whole heartedly recommend the Elisabeth Pension behind the Huber Boutique at the top of the village (dead handy for the Mooserwirt & The Underground) it's cheap and the breakfast is lovely, they'll deal with you direct so you can ditch the TO.

But my personal favourite is the Hotel Rundeck, just across the road from the Post, it's a tad expensive but Klaus & Manuela are well worth it.....beautiful hotel, beautiful breakfast and it's perfectly located just down from the Galzigbahn.....we're going back in Feb for 10 days.
ski holidays
Tiger2 wrote:
The Hotel Arlmont is pretty classy albeit that it's at the Nasserein end of town. But right by the gondola and ski in/out.

I won a free week at the Arlmont last season and can say it is indeed very classy - far too classy for me to pay for a week there!

Amazing food every evening. Great facilities inc. spa/sauna, and easy ski in/out though by the Nasserein lift so far end from town
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
stanton, Kaluma do the Lux Alpinae, always looks like a smart place. Cant really go wrong anywhere eh, quality is so good IMO!! I go 3* b&b pension usually, still very clean and at £50-60pppn even in peak season I'm happy...........will be even happier in 3.5 weeks when its snowed and I'm there wink

I've stayed there, very nice hotel!

For luxury though, definitely do a Scott Dunn (rather beyond my budget).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy