Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New pair of skis for instructing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm 55kg, 5ft 3in, female and level 2 ski instructor. Last season I skiied on salomon x-wings (they were my dads). Can anyone suggest a good set of skis for me, mainly on pieste; probs 70% on 30% off. Thanks guys!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SianPrice, Welcome to snowHeads. Skis for a fridge or mountain? Normally I'd say whatever you can get cheap though the BASI deal. There's plenty on offer, try before you buy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SianPrice, It is reassuring that instructors out there have a clear idea of what is needed for what purpose! rolling eyes Little more info would help people point you in the right direction. Do you like park riding or are you playful with your skiing and want a ski that is fun to slide around on or are you more geared toward the basi way of thinking, corduroy and tweed warriors, and are looking for a 'carver' which suits for the on piste demonstrations but sucks for your own freesking.

My 2 cents....anything over 105mm underfoot sucks for a daily teaching ski in europe. Twinnies are far more versatile and make the daily chores a lot easier, what you loose in dynamism you most definately gain in ease of use. Go shorter rather than longer because lets be honest, the majority if ski instructors never get to ski the mountain during a teaching day so you dont really need the stability you think you do. Get a set of something that fits those criteria and then get a set of hard charging longer planks for the days where you are free of punters and actually get to ski.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gunna be mainly for teaching but obviously in free time be doing a it of everything. I like to stick on pieste but sometimes adventure off! Im in Canada and and CSIA not BASI. Ive been looking at the rossignol temptations?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SianPrice, I picked up a pair of Rossi GS8's on the BASI offer and they work brilliantly as all rounders and would make a sensible 'training' ski as you work through the levels.

That said for many years I used twin tips a all rounder ski, my last pair a set of Volkl Karma's.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flintstoner wrote:
Twinnies are far more versatile and make the daily chores a lot easier, .

Twin Tips are also totally antisocial, nothing quite like being followed by your class giving them a face shot is there? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
flintstoner wrote:
Twinnies are far more versatile and make the daily chores a lot easier, .

Twin Tips are also totally antisocial, nothing quite like being followed by your class giving them a face shot is there? rolling eyes

Come on! We know everybody loves a good face shot Toofy Grin I hear your point but personally find that if working with the lower end of the teaching spectrum(CSIA level 2...) then a fair amount of the time having the ability to ride switch with a client is invaluable. Certainly with kids I would always choose twin tips. Avoids the potential for that hilarious tails digging in moment where you go tit over back bottom! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flintstoner wrote:
having the ability to ride switch with a client is invaluable.

Of course people were doing this long before twin tips were (re)invented, in fact one of the best 'switch' skiers I have seen has never owned a pair of twintips...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you! I am heading towards getting some Rossignol Temptations 88?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SianPrice wrote:
Thank you! I am heading towards getting some Rossignol Temptations 88?

read this

http://www.epicski.com/t/106647/rossignol-e88-vs-temptation-88
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Atomic GS
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My son is also BASI2 and after much debate and conversation with Trainers he decided against the X wings (fantastic skis) and went with Atomic Vario Decks. He had nothing but praise for their all round capability and never looked back on his choice. He has skied several times on the X but still prefers his choice.

I'm trying to get across that recommendations are great but to actually try a variety out might result in a better ski for you. Any chance you can get to trial a hand ful of skis? Its always the best idea as every skier treads slightly differently to the next.

Good Luck
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy