Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone tried race training at Chill factore ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys - Has anyone out there been to race training at Chill factore ? i want to improve my skiing speed/control and also be able to tackle 'the moguls'.
I have done some moguls but ended up on my backside more than once !!! I'd really love to be able to master these and thought the race training would help, has anyone been to race training and would it help ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Race training will help in all areas of your skiing IMO but bumps specific training will still be needed as most races tend not to take place in a mogul field. wink wink

Seriously though i have done a couple of bumps afternoons with Warren Smith in a snowdome and it really really does help as there are very specific and technical skill sets needed for skiing bumps correctly down the fall line.

Does the Chillfactore have any bump specific sessions?

This needs to be taught in small groups with lots and lots of repetition which is easy to do at the average Snowdome,it makes a boring session at the Snowdome more interesting.In fact technical instruction of a level that is going to really test you at whatever your level of skiing, is possibly the only reason i would bother with a snowdome anyway.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never been to Chil Factor^e, but does it actually have any bumps?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only small kids that you might run over
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
russ_e wrote:

LOL, was there yesterday, lots of rugrats about putting most of the adults to shame!! I know they do race training, but don't ever recall seeing anything about bumps.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
russ_e wrote:

They'll run you over NehNeh

CFe used to do bumps sessions last season, think it might have been on a Monday. Don't know about this season.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
#1son (oski) has done a few race training sessions at Chill Factore on a Sunday morning (he would do more, but it's 5am Skullie start from here and anyhow it's now the football season now so he's got matches on). He does most of his training on dendix and uses the CFe sessions to adjust to the surface prior to the indoor races.

They are pretty good sessions run by proper race coaches, not your normal CFe instructors. Whilst they are very much oriented towards performance skiing, they do take relative novices (the impression we get is that there is little intermediate coaching at CFe), and have different groups running for the different abilities. The sessions would certainly help your overall skiing, making you much more aware of your balance, coordination, timing etc, which would be of value in the bumps, but you'll be v.unlikely to actually get much in the way of bumps, even if a rut-line develops (unlikely at CFe - you *do* get them at MK & Hemel due to the typically softer conditions).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Put in a request for Gareth to coach, he's got the chat
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bumps are cut in at xscape castlford on one sat through to tuesday a month I seem to remember.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountain_monster wrote:
Put in a request for Gareth to coach, he's got the chat

Gareth has gone to 3V for the season, not back til the Spring.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep, it was Gareth who was running the 3-day camp at half-term. Not sure who was also running the sessions: I know DaveT has been coaching for some of the (sunday?) sessions in the past.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy