Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport of skis by car;where do you put them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Rent skis and use the freed-up space to load up on wine, cheese, cured meats, schnapps, frauleins etc. If you get the right deal at the right rental shop and you only ski a week or two a year, then it's just madness to own things that'll just sit and depreciate in the garage for 50 weeks a year. Far better to always have the latest skis and the ability to go in and swap them when you fancy.

Tooooo Late. Now you tell me . That means I`ll have to have another holiday or two !! I`ve got a Kamei Corvara duolift, used only once, but it is only about 160 cm long. Bought it because of good reviews; its very solid so I will find it hard downgrading to a lesser make. Anyone bought the cheap ones like Karrite ? Oydessy , or Mont Blanc vista?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
betterinblack, we use 14 inch flat pack plastic tube (available at most good plastic suppliers) the 10 inch is too tight round bindings. tape one end, slide in skis, tape other end (leave vacuum attachment size opening), suck out air and fold over and tape!! We have used this method many times now and it works a treat! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't see much gritting going on either, come to that. Just ploughs. Lots of ploughs.

They couldn't possibly grit/salt all those roads all the time, every winter!

Anyway, my skis are just going to have to lump it. They don't go far from home - the odd trip to Areches Beaufort, or Les Contamines - and if they fall apart I'll get some new ones. My newest are 3 years old, and the oldest about 8.

I took my outboard engine off the boat yesterday; that seems to have survived too (and it's now spent about 11 years sitting on the back of a small boat for around half the year).

I'm sure that being covered is optimum for skis (though being left damp in an enclosed airtight environment can't be) but - nothing's perfect! They live outside all winter, on the terrace. The fresh air is good for them. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy