Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Hinterglemm - Hotel Sonnalp

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

Promised to take my nephew Snowboarding in Jan if he passed his GCSE's, which he did, so after reading lots of posts, finally decided to go for the hotel Sonnalp in Hinterglemm. Crystal has a bit of money off the package, so it appeared a good deal - I was toying with the idea of leaving it last minute, but the nerves got the better of me + was worried about getting the resort I wanted.

Booked the "First Time Snowboarders" package as neither of us have done snowboarding before. I was desperately trying to persaude him to go skiing as I'm a keen skier (and he's never skied or boarded), but quite rightly he wanted to do something where we'd both be as rubbish as each other. It's doesn't appear to have a lift pass, but I figured we'd be on the nursery slopes and could purchase a pass mid-week if we're confident enough to venture further afield.

Off skiing in Obergurgl in Feb with the family so I'll still get my skiing fix!

He's 17 so hopefully Hinterglemm with be lively enough for him and not too lively for an old'ish fart like me Smile

Never been to Hinterglemm, so hopefully I've made a good decision!

Cheers,
crude.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crudeFool,
I'm sure you have - and congratulations to your nephew (and also to you for being the kind of uncle all nephews would undoubtedly like to have!)
Hinterglemm has good, extensive nursery slopes at village level, with nice, sunny blue runs on the Zwoelferkogel, the Reiterkogel and Hochalm for you to (hopefully) progress on to. Last hear they spent mega-euros on installing a new gondola that takes you to the top of the floodlit piste (open till late) and below that a new snow park.
The mountain restaurants are characterful, e.g the Pfefferalm - oldest in the valley, and it's a vibrant, cosmopolitan village. You will also both enjoy the apres-ski party at the Goassstall, which kicks off at about 4pm every day. There is also a highly regarded toboggan run that is open every evening, starts from the top of the Reiterkogelbahn, leads past the Pfefferalm and ends at the Goassstall.
PM me your e-mail if you would like a copy of my Guide to Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't let him drink too many jaegers in the Goatstall. It's a dangerous place...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999,
That's true....not sure what an introduction to jaegertee AND the Goassstall might have on an impressionable 17 year old! This could be the start of something...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tatman's Tours & clarky999,

Cheers! I'll try and keep him on the straight and narrow - I'm sure he'll love it. Fingers crossed we get some decent snow.

I'd love a copy of your guide Tatman. Pm sent.

crude
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:
Don't let him drink too many jaegers in the Goatstall. It's a dangerous place...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.goasstall.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tatman's Tours wrote:
clarky999,
That's true....not sure what an introduction to jaegertee AND the Goassstall might have on an impressionable 17 year old! This could be the start of something...

Amnesia, IME wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...wish they'd decide how many 's's they want in the middle!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Incidentally 'Goass' in the local Pinzgauer word for goat, whereas the german word for goat is 'ziegen', which has always puzzled me slightly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy