Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Rub on wax

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the best rub on wax to top up the wax on your skis on holiday? For January when the snow is cold. I’ve try Zardoz Notwax in warmer conditions it’s great but I didn’t find it that good when it’s very cold Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been close enough, but once grabbed her boob across a bar!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glen Charman, all the various rub on wax products are pretty poor because the wax is not properly absorbed in to the base, even when corked in. If you're away for one week then if your bases are welll prepped (a layer or two of base prep wax & few applications of a good uni* wax) before you go then they should last ok. If you're pretty sure that temps will be cold (like going to Stowe n December) then wax use a suitable wax.

*by a good universal wax I mean one with a wide snow temp operating range which not all of them have even though they're called universal. The Dominator Zoom Lime uni wax I use is designed for a snow temp of 0C to -12C but with a well prepped base & a wipe of Zardoz I've not had a problem down to -20C.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, Thank for the advice I'll put some more layers of zoom and try that Very Happy

SMALLZOOKEEPER, In that situation I find a good layer of alcohol helps followed body oil not wax or engine oil go's down well Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Glen Charman, I tried some Data Wax recently for the snowdomes, it was a pain to polish in, with a cloth and a cork etc but did a pretty good job for indoor snow for 4 to 5 hours use. It wuld have been quicker to do a quick hot wax for the time it took to polish the Data wax in tho.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, Also agree alcohol and a massive dose of massage oil also works, thinking about that spyderjon, would a good massage oil work on skis? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin it does get absorbed very quickly into a dry base Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy