Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vail

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Vail for next season.... me and boyfriend have jobs with a well known tour op, but looking for some more info on where is good for drinking and to see if there is anybody else that is gonna be there!! Not our first season each, but is first foray across the pond.

NB no cover to be broken, you know who you are!!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Biscuit, welcome to snowheads, WTFH is the resident expert on US skiing, in fact he's an Ambassador for Epicski. You may want try that site www.epicski.com for 1st hand info.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankyou very much Very Happy

Laughing i have already got the fox guide to Vail, was just scouting around for anybody who might be there too. (I know i have done what bugs everybody to ask a VAGUE question!) but wanted to know who else might be there as well!!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Biscuit,
Quote:

where is good for drinking

Hope your over 21 & carry your ID with you at all times Very Happy

Last time I breezed through Vail I went to the Kaltenberg Castle .

http://www.realbeer.com/nmvbp/kaltenbg.htm
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Biscuit, are you who I think you are?
Have we ever shared a glass of champagne?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Foxie, Hitting on Biscuit, not hand in pant again? Your excellency really does need a PA to avoid these little faux pas. The hoi polloi has little need to know of your indiscretions . . nor your 'appetites' Twisted Evil

Been anywhere nice? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Biscuit, are you who I think you are?
Have we ever shared a glass of champagne?

Very Happy

Just scouting around where i'm pretty sure i won't be traced!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, yes, I was back in the old homestead for a few days.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Biscuit, as David@traxvax said, ask on EpicSki - there's guys on there who know Vail - either cause they live there, or spend a lot of time there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
Biscuit,
Quote:

where is good for drinking

Hope your over 21 & carry your ID with you at all times Very Happy

Last time I breezed through Vail I went to the Kaltenberg Castle .

http://www.realbeer.com/nmvbp/kaltenbg.htm

Unfortunately the Kaltenberg Castle has been demolished, along with the main central complex of Lionshead, which also included the Sundance Saloon where instructors and ski patrollers used to hang out. Much of Lionshead will be a building site until the summer of 2007, although restaurants like Montauk and Billys, and bars like Garfinkels and Bart & Yetis are still open for business.
In Vail Village, the Red Lion is always busy with tourists, the Tap Room is the place to pick up totty, and The Club is a raucous dive where you can catch Steve Meyer, possibly the best (and certainly the rudest) apres-ski entertainer in town. Pepis is for the posh set, and don't forget The George, a Brit-themed pub owned by Jim, a genuine Eastender and former West Ham player.
If you're based down in West Vail, The Sandbar is pretty lively nowadays.
For later in the evening, 8150 usually has bands playing from 10pm. The Sanctuary and Fubar are also popular.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers man!!!

Will be living in west vail (Well 10 minutes walk from it, but not sure in which direction!) so guess that makes a bit of a difference to drinking etc as is further out from vail village etc. (Know there are buses, but we are walkers rather than standing in the cold waiting for a bus kind of people, so will be exploring everywhere we can!!!! (esp on day off!!!)

How long would it take to walk from vail village out to west vail???
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Biscuit, don't it's maybe a mile or so. But the buses run regularly. As Martin said, the Sandbar is pretty good.

Martin, is the George the one we were in at the end of March?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat, yes.
From Vail Village to West Vail is nearer 3 miles. West Vail is an ugly sprawl of strip malls, but it does have a couple of good bars, the aforementioned Sandbar and also Bagali's. Also a great sushi restaurant (Nozawa) in the Holiday Inn, two supermarkets (City Market and Safeway), and the usual Macdonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, etc.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK - so another q!!! Sorry!! how long would it take to drive from west vail (where we will live!) to East Vail where the chalet i am running is??
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Biscuit, 15 mins, at a guess.
ski holidays
Thanx Very Happy
snow conditions
Biscuit, ...