Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski lessons - Soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My youngest will be 4 on the first day of the holiday and my oldest will be 8, I am thinking of getting them a private instructor for 2 hrs each day (we are only there for 2 ski days) then me and my wife have a bit of ski time, then in the afternoon do something all together, my wife is worried that the 4 year old will be to young, has anyone been to Soldeu and can let me know what instructors are like.
Regards

jason Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jason

IMHO the ski instructors at Soldeu are very good and majority are English. They have a small kids area with travelator at right next to the ski school reception for the little kids. They also have a ski kindergarten right next to the SKi School if skiing is too much your 4 year old.

you might need two instructors?, one for the 8 year old and one for the 4 year old? do you think your 4 year old would keep up with your eldest?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jason - you can email them in advance......Elvis is very good and definitely does private lessons if he is still around.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All 3 of our kids started their skiing aged 3 in the soldeu ski school, one of our 12 yr old twins has private lessons every year, 1on1 due to some disability, Little Ruth 4 started last year and is looking out of the window every day waiting for it to snow!.
If you are there in school holidays, make sure you book in advance as there is very high demand on the instructors at this time. go on the grandvalira.com website, Angela or Gordon are in charge at the Soldeu school.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
4yo is old enough to learn how to ski but as others have said it may be tricky to have them both taught together because of the age gap.
They are both complete beginners?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JasonW, Your children will love it, can't comment on 1 instructor for both, but ski school will advise. Angela is your contact, pm me if you want her email address.
http://www.soldeu-andorra.com/ski-school.php
Ski School email:- escola@soldeu.ad

Smokin Joe, Elvis only instructs during high season, but performs 2 nights a week at the Aspen and Villager bars.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would defiantely take the suggestions about calling the ski school to discuss your options. Angela is exceptionally helpful! However, I would put an 8 year old into ski school and group lessons. I feel that they have far more fun in a group and improve very quickly. The race will most likely be the highlight of the week! My children (now adults) LOVED ski school at that age. Having seen the school "in action" in Soldeau on the slopes I can tell you it is excellent!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy