Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sport-Conrad - help!

Poster: A snowHead
I have just received my first skis from Sport-Contrad. I bought the 2010/11 K2 Rictors with MX12 bindinds as new but clearly they are not. There is some light scratching on the base, the rear binding showing signs of being opened with a ski pole. There's no cuts nor nicks on the top sheet however so this makes me think they have been used a few days as a demo ski briefly. Also - bindings look like the adjustable type - should they not be mounted for my boot only? How can I tell the difference?

On contacting Sport-Conrad they have readily offered me a 20% discount off the 399euro I paid for them but have failed to explain why I didn't get new skis. So, either someone at their work at the depot or they knowingly are selling used skis.

So - what should i do?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Negotiate for more than 20% and live with it?
After all give them a day or two of use and they would look like that anyway.

Just a thought.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well - do you want to have a go at them or just get a better discount?

They are quite good in general and may have made an honest mistake so the best deal for both of you may be to take the discount (or maybe ask for a bigger discount if you're not satisfied with 20%).

Maybe have a look on their site for available discounts for demo gear. If they do have rental bindings instead of normal ones, I'd be a little annoyed, as the rentals are heavier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
horizon, I suspect the bindings are Marker adjustables, which K2 routinely use, not rental
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The bindings should be adjustable type. But look a right PITA to work out how to adjust (not worked out how to adjust mine, but they were set fine by Sport Conrad anyway). They will have pre-set it based on the BSL you typed in on the order form.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eithnem, can we just clarify that when you say "as new" what you mean is "new, unused" rather than "as new", meaning "almost new"?

I've just had my first skis from Sport Conrad, and I can't fault them in any way. Shame really, as a 20% discount would have been handy...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

can we just clarify that when you say "as new" what you mean is "new, unused" rather than "as new", meaning "almost new"?

The former - new, unused just like my wife's burning luv skis that arrived as part of the same order.

Quote:

horizon, I suspect the bindings are Marker adjustables, which K2 routinely use, not rental

That's good to know. There is slight play in the forward bindings - is this normal?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eithnem, Mr HL's K2 Apache Recons have have a very slight amount of movement, which spyderjon has seen and they are fine. (I got my BLs from Sport Conrad BTW)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sport Conrad have been great to me. I recently changed an order, added to the order & messed up the order and they still sorted it out for me! I received amazing customer service. I can only assume that it was an honest mistake on their part. Just try to negotiate a good discount.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Same here. Used them for quite a few things (skis, camping kit, outdoor clothing, etc.). Everything seems to come with a slip of paper with my name on, which suggests everything is handpicked from the store and packed in reusable collapsible boxes (unlike CRC etc. which is entirely robotic).

Think all front bindings have a bit of play when there's no boot in? Certainly all of the rental ones, and pretty sure my MX12 on Rictors do. Can check tonight. So long as it's not wobbly with the boot in and not loose on the rail itself I think it's normal.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eithnem, another vote for Sport Conrad usually being really good.

What do you mean by "play". Do you mean the toe piece is rock solid and the boot moves; or do you mean the boot is solid into the toe piece and the toe piece has some play on the track mounting?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Sport Conrad have been great to me

Me too, I use them loads - I'd be surprised if they have done something maliciously, I'd negotiate a 30%+ discount with them.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had MX12 bindings on my Xplorers.

There was play in the front binding when no boots were in.

Make sure that the wee screw on the back of the rear binding is flush with the plastic when boot is in the binding. This is for your forward pressure. Don't do this and you could get a pretty nasty pre-release.

IF in doubt, take them to a store and pay them a tenner to do it for you - or buy something from their store and ask if they wouldnt' mind looking at your bindings.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

So long as it's not wobbly with the boot in and not loose on the rail itself I think it's normal.

There's no play in the bindings with the boot in - so that puts my mind at ease over that one.

Quote:

Sport Conrad have been great to me.

I'm not out to slag off Sport Conrad. Communications have been fine. Delivery was swift, and when I phoned yesterday I was given the person's direct email to send pics to last night and I had a reply at 8am this morning with the offer of discount. But the fact remains - I ordered new skis and was sent used ones.

Thanks for the all the info, I'll put up an update tomorrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eithnem, no problem. I don't know this could have happened but I hope that you get best outcome.

I know that this is beside the point but if the skis are not damaged, in any material way, keep the skis and take the best discount from them that you can get.
snow conditions
eithnem, you have 3 choices IMHO

1. Accept their offer
2. Negotiate for more discount
3. Have them send you brand new skis and bindings and they also pay to collect the ones you have now.
latest report
going with 2 for now
snow conditions
eithnem, Wise move............they're a very fair company
ski holidays
Agreed, will be interesting to see what they offer.
snow conditions
In Germany all on-line retailers are required to provide a money back guarantee within 14days of purchase. Known as a 'cooling off law' so you could return them. However, I bought a back protector at their shop in Garmisch three weeks ago and when I got it home and tried it on the stitching cam apart. I took it back and since they only had the same brand/model in stock and was worried about the general durability of the product I decided I wanted my money back but they refused. I got a voucher instead. I was not happy about this as if I would have bought it online I would have gotten my money back without any question!

If your happy with a discount I would say you got a good deal. However, if you want new, different bindings etc. then definitely get your money back!!!
ski holidays
Think the online purchases money back thing is euro wide and is covered by different rules then exchange of purchase in a shop...love the store in Garmisch.

They were recently selling off items used on a single test day..

as others have said, k2 skis usually have some form of rail binding on their piste skis unless its stated as flat mount.
latest report
Here's the update folks.

Email this morning giving an improved offer (30%) for my trouble. So well done to Sport-Conrad customer service for dealing with the issue quickly and to my satisfaction. I suppose the real test is would I use them again?? The answer is yes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy