Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Kids Adventure Camps + Daycare

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We are going to Whistler in March with our 4 / 2 year olds.

Has anyone had first hand experience of the Kids Adventure Camps (3-4 YRS) and the Daycare facility for toddlers in Whistler or Blackcomb?

We'll be staying in Benchlands (Blackcomb) so the Blackcomb options are the most obvious ones but was wondering if there are any other factors to consider.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Ski school and childcare in Whisler is excellent. I was there 2 years ago with my kids (then aged 6 and 10) and they absolutely loved the Adventure Camps (5 days). The Ski school is huge but they break the groups into small numbers and they are with the same kids and intructors each day. For toddlers I am sure it will be spot on, the North Americans are so much better at child care and tuition than anywhere in Europe. WE have skied all over the place and the kids always nag to go back to Whistler - so much so that we are back this Easter - I cant wait!

The Whistler Blackcomb website has a lot of information and the staff on the phone are very knowledgeable if you call up for informatuion. They do get very busy in peak preiods so I would definately book everything in advance
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your kids will have a great time in Whistler ski school (and the daycare is also fun and safe with well trained staff). The kids ski school blends in just the right amount of learning to ski with fun and games so it should keep them happy all day long. One of the best things is that all the kids (and the instructor) are tagged with GPS devices so that if they happen to become separated more than a certain distance from the instructor an alarm would be raised at the base, then the instructor is called on their mobile and told exactly where the lost child is.

Also if you take a note of the GPS tag number you can track on-line where they have been skiing all day mapping the path taken over a map of the mountains.

Oh and definitely book in advance if you are coming over at peak times.

Have a great holiday - It's already looking to be another amazing snow year!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
born2ski wrote:
Also if you take a note of the GPS tag number you can track on-line where they have been skiing all day mapping the path taken over a map of the mountains.

+1 for the GPS it is great chatting about there day with the GPS plot as the remember so much more.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks!

All booked - flyign out on 11 March for 3 weeks.

Can I wait?

Erm, no
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
franga, I bet you can't - half the fun is the anticipation.

Hope you are flying with Air Canada as they get in earlier and you can get sorted out on arrival for the day after then crash. BA gets in much later and you will all be very tired if not asleep.

From Benchlands you can ski down to the plaza for the ski school meet-up or get on the free bus.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My kids have done it the last three years running. The first year, my youngest was just 3, and it was excellent. They kept it fun but learnt a lot, and made allowances for the weather etc - bringing them in for hot chocs when they were cold / bored. We have always used the backcomb ski school as they keep the littlies at the bottom so that it makes for easy drop off / pick up. Fantastic instructors who really keep it fun. If you book them in for the mon-fri option then they have the same instructor / group of kids too which is nice. We now have two great little skiers who are a pleasure to take out on the mountain.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy