Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling between Saalbach and Alpbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Please can anyone advise me if it is feasible to travel between Saalbach and Alpbach on public transport. I am looking to split a weeks trip between the two. I will be with friends in Alpbach for the transfer from or to Innsbruck, so not planning car hire. Is there any public transport ? ( presume a taxi will be too costly)
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ribblevalleyblue,
I suggest that you search on www.oebb.at (very user-friendly Austrian puiblic transport search engine).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Tatman's Tours, great website, not so great answer, it will take about 4 hrs, when google map suggests less than 2 hr drive by car
I am interested in staying in Saalbach for the first time, so will be sending some questions to you re Chalet Tatman soon
Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the oebb site that Tatman's Tours suggests, you'll find that you can take a bus from Saalbach to Zell am See, then the train to Wörgl. Change there on to a local train to Brixlegg and then the last stage up to Alpbach again on a bus. Takes typically about 4 hours and costs around €20.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I am interested in staying in Saalbach for the first time

I honestly and sincerely feel envious - all that enjoyment to discover and enjoy for the first time!
E-mail me (ratatman@aol.com) and I'll send you info including my comprehensive Rough Guide to Saalbach-Hinterglemm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gosh i am doing both saalbach and alpbach this year but in 2 seperate trips. 1st time saalbach but i do know alpbach is great
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone who's going to be in Saalbach between 18th Dec and 8th Jan is more than welcome to ring our bell - we'll show you round and drink a toast to 'good snow'!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any new suggestions on tis one has anything changed.Going to alpbach but would love to do a day/apres in saalbach too
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not an easy option unless you have a car - the quickest route will take you via the Inntal before heading back along the valley to wörgl and the Schnellstrasse to St Johann. Then the choice is via Pass Thurn, Mittersil, Zell am See and up to Saalbach from Maishofen. Or traight ahead at St johann to get into the system at Leogang. Not an easy option, the first route is longer but kept clear as it is the main Zell am See to Innsbruck route, the second is also an important transit route but it gets cut off to large vehicles when there is an avalanche danger the other side of Lofer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mattiwilkin,

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Saalbach-Hinterglemm/Alpbach

A
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tatman, will be in Saalbach 14-21st December.

Can't wait!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rhumage, Will be arriving on 16th - no doubt will be in Bobby's Pub that evening.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy