Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to size childrens skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The ski sales are starting so I'll be looking at some pre season bargains for the kids.

What is the best way to size skis for children and does it depend on the carviness of the ski?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reckon on somewhere between shoulder and nose once they can ski - a bit shorter than that (down to about chest height, depending upon the size of the child) when they're just starting. As kids skis still come with 10cm size increments, there will usually only be one length which fits both those criteria.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okanagan, That's what they told me in the shop last time. Just seems to me that some kids skis have considerably more sidecut than others so I wonder if we should go shorter in that case.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski told me that she put little beginners on skis no more than chest height, but also that it was difficult to get them short enough - I've been keeping my eyes open but it certainly seems hard to find really short ones. Let me know if you spot any! Anything which makes them more able to carry them is likely to be a good thing, apart from their easiness on piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These looked rather Cute
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My eldest is 6 1/2 and quite confident now. I sized him up against the next size up today (110cm) which still looked a bit big so I guess he will do another season on his current ones anyway.

My youngest is just turned 3 and wil start this season. In which case I will definitely by looking to get skis on the short side for her.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy