Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski schools in Arcs 1600?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is the ESF the only ski school in Arcs 1600? I've searched on Google and snowHeads and have failed to find anybody else.

This is for some friends who are near beginners, having done a course at Hemel. I suspect they won't feel confident of getting to other parts of the Les Arcs ski area for an early starting lesson on their first day.

Be most grateful for any assistance, otherwise it'll have to be the ESF.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think ESF are the only ones with a base there but some of the other schools may be able to meet clients at the bottom of the Mont Blanc or Cachette lifts in 1600 as a number of the instructors will be coming up on the funiculaire from Bourg down in the Valley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Even with ESF the lessons may not be from Arc1600.

When I took a party there a year or two ago the only English speaking beginers lessons originated from Arc 1800. The skiers caught the Navette to 1800. Now they are opening the new Mont Blanc lift the massive queues out of 1600 first thing in the morning will, hopefully, be a thing of the past and your party should be able to ski over every morning, but for the first day I reccomend the bus.

There used to be another skischool based in 1600 called, IIRC, Darentasia, but I think they only operate out of BsM these days. Friends and family who have had ski lessons from ESF in Arc1600 speak well of them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheztichot, johnE, Thanks for the info. They're now pondering whether to book with ESF in 1600 or get the bus to 1800 and go with Arc Aventures.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my twin 8yo's have had lessons with ESF from 1600 starting from the bottom of the cachette, for the last 3 winters the instructors have been great and the girls have come on really well with the ESF's tuition. Drop the esf 1600 office a mail the office team speak excellent english, as do a good proportion of the instructors.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drop me a line at New Generation Ski School, we may be able to help. We are based in Vallandry and can often come over to Arc 1600 to meet people for their lessons.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello Wags,
If Newgen can come to your side of Les Arcs then i would take them up on the offer!
My family have had lessons with the above poster and we learnt an awful lot. Well to qualify that statement my son sort
of needed tweaking and we needed a pretty comprehensive dragging into the 21st century!

cheers Geoff
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy