Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine touring boots with alpine bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently bought a pair of Garmont Megaride A/T ski boots, and my mom is concerned that they will not release properly out of my look px12ti bindings. One option is to buy a pair of A/T bindings, but I'd prefer not to spend my money, I just need some input from you snowheads!
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they are not designed for the sole on AT and Megaride (I have them too) dont have interchageable soles. Some people risk it, but persoanlly Im a bit attached to my knees working properly, but your choice but manufacturers dont recommend.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok they're not specifically designed, I suppose NO is the correct answer, though assuming the height of the heel and toe blocks are ok for the bindings then if the bindings toe piece has a moving plate and not just a smooth surface that should act the same as with alpine boots. As for heel lift you will probably lose a little leverage due to the soft soles, maybe drop the din a notch?

I don't really know, how would a fritschi or marker touring binding differ in release set up? I'd probably check the binding had a sliding release platform and drop the din one... but that's just me.... A/T bindings are crazy expensive.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why buy AT books to not skin with them?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
narc wrote:
Why buy AT books to not skin with them?
I bought AT boots to be the first part of my AT setup (I plan on purchasing it in stages...) because I needed boots, and I found a great deal on a pair
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
soccajack, The will not release properly from the toepiece. You can use touring boots with some Salomon (S914, 916 etc) and some Marker bindings..which have toe height adjustment.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Living in Chamonix, most of the locals (and unlike other places we have a permanent population of 12,000 people) ski in touring boots.

YES the manufactures say they don't work, but that is for liability reasons.

Sorry soccajack you have look bindings, they and their derivatives (rossigniol/dynastar) don't really work, because of the way they self adjust for toe height.

Almost all other bindings can be made to work quite well.

As others have said manual height adjustable bindings like the Salomon Freeride (S912 etc) are easiest to adjust.

AT bindings are not that expensive, just harder to find really cheap deals - if you search for Fritschi they you can probably find some for reasonable price
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy