Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want to be Ski Club Treasurer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last Friday the Ski Club announced (only on the website) the fact that our Treasurer, Fred Irish, will stand down at this November's AGM. The Club had a turnover in 2003-4 of £3.5 million.

If you're an established member of the Club and can acquire the necessary nomination signatures (including one member of Council) there is a vacancy open to you. Alternatively, by winning its approval, the Council itself would recommend you for this post. This is the full text of the Club's announcement:

-------------------------------
After 14 years of outstanding service, our treasurer, Fred Irish, will not be standing for re-election.

The Memorandum and Articles of the Club invite the Council to nominate his replacement. The person nominated would usually be a member who has served or is serving on the Club’s Council, but could be a member who has not served on Council, should the members consent at the AGM to be held on 28 November 2005.

The Club’s treasurer would ideally be someone who has extensive experience of and direct involvement in the financial management of a substantial business. This position is normally held for up to 5 years, subject to annual re-election at the Annual General Meeting.

The Council would like to invite members who feel they have the necessary skills and experience and who would be interested in this honorary, non-executive position to contact the Chairman, John Nuttall by 15 September either by email to treasurer@skiclub.co.uk or by telephone to Maggie Colpus on 0208 410 2016.
------------------------------
So, it's not a case of "don't call us, we'll call you". It seems to be more a case of "by all means call us".
Obviously the successful financial direction of the Club is a vital role, which carries much kudos. There is significant paperwork involved, but also the reward and satisfaction of getting it right.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would hope that there is a large Honararium (as well as ski guiding / holiday perks).
I assume that given the size of turnover a fully qualified Finance Director is employed as well?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, as currently constituted the Ski Club has a financial staff of three, headed by Robert Mattingly - Financial Controller.

Members of staff, including the Chief Executive, are not - as far as I'm aware - directors of the Ski Club. As far as I know the 9 elected members of Council and 3 elected 'officers' - Treasurer, Chairman and President - form the board of directors of the Club.

Members of Council, and the three Officers, are not paid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is any of the above normal for a 'business' or rather club with a £3.5 million turnover?
Would any other Snowheads and or member's care to comment Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy