Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pony up: your longest ski

Poster: A snowHead
A product of a long day and a few glasses of wine, and stimulated by the longer ski thread elsewhere...

What's the longest ski you own?

215cm myself although I have no idea where the skis are.

The bindings are in my garage on a pair of 201 Rossi 7s's.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think I've got and old pair around 215, Salomon Superforce 2 IIRC.

Excellent condition too if anyone wants to buy em. No bindings though. Also got another pair of Sallys of around 203/208 length, kicking around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
210cm k2's of some sort. Bought for about a tenner in Val D one year when the rental shops were selling off all their straight skis to replace them with shaped ones. There were 3 of us and we bought 2 sets each! They're well scattered now, but the K2's are about somewhere.

Of course, we thought we were getting a great deal - had no idea of the shape revolution!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bones, Did they make superforce's that long?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
210 Kniesel - gone to the charity shop with a tear in my eye - probably somebodys sledge now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got some 210cm something or others bought when the local outdoors shop closed down in the mid 80s tucked away in dads garage somewhere. Keep meaning to find them to turn into sledge runners for the kids.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, pretty sure there's still a pair of Rossi 4S at 203 kicking about in the attic at my folks place... used to have some 207 Volkl GS skis (P9s?) but they are long gone..
In the 'here & now' I still have in the garage right here some 200 AK Rockets (the old yellow Scream version) though these have a huge rock-induced explosion under one binding so are due to head skip-wards...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
Bones, Did they make superforce's that long?

Not sure tbh, which was why 'I thought' they werent numbered by length but on a PR rating so unless I dig em out to check, but they were longer than my other Sallys by some inches. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Longest skis i use are Ragnaroks (194) longest skis i still have are 203cm K2 Velocity's
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
191 cm Scott P4 in my garage (skied last season on some powder days) and probably a few pairs of 200-205 cm (including "the ski" made in Park City, Utah) in my parents basement that haven't been skied in at least 15 years. My dad may have something down there in the 7 foot range that he hasn't skied in 40+ years.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Longest still used regularly - Legend Pro XXL, 194
Longest still in ski rooom - several pairs in 207
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
194 Ragnarok....proper man's ski ; )
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blimey - think I'm on snowblades here (only 181cm) Wink

On my 2nd or 3rd trip I was told that I was "not experienced enough to use a modern carve ski"... so they gave me 195cm elan planks. Couldn't turn them to save my life!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My longest skis were the first skis I owned bought after about 4 weeks skiing. Kastle 2 metre jobs, called something like TCX 03.

And here is my award winning (and I don't mean that in a good way) picture of them:-

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A pair of 220cm Olin Mk VIs in the late 70s.(or it might have been Mark IV). I think they were some kind of factory one off mistake. I bought them off an American instructor in NZ..
They were very stiff and heavy. Introduced me to the joys of the big fast GS turn. Their weight made them feel just about impossible to fall off. They were fun in crud but the length did get to be a bit ridiculous after a while. I can't remember what happened to them.
latest report
203 Dynarstar Course Slalom's from a very long time ago (the ones before the "blob" skis).

Took them down to Gosling last season and a few have had a go. The face on the younger instructors is fantastic when they try and turn!
snow report
2 metre length skis are nothing - anyone fancy trying historic longboard skis? (More than 4 metres length!) Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/vYSqL024Qow&feature=related
snow report
Currently skiing on 196's Cool
latest report
latest report
Not that old. 191cm
latest report
225 with heel free binding, Eddie like person left them with me and never came back.
snow report
210cm. Still own them, don't ski them. Fischer RC4 Vacuum.
snow report
I don't own them any more, but 180. OK, so I'm only a pixie (and now ski on 152s) wink
snow report
Big Paua, GS turns? Blimey, you were undoubtedly on D H boards, lucky to get GS turns in on em!

scooby_simon, Dynastar Course started with the red blobs. If they were older they'd be Omeglass for special or Acryglass for giant. Just being pedantic.

One of my most loved rigs was a pair of 203 mk1 Course SL with Look 99RS. Lovely (and much nicer to ski than the OmeglassII I'd been previously on).
ski holidays
longest i owned to ski on 210 GS skis 205 SL .......currently a pair of undrilled Rossignol 247cm KL boards in the workshop Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
A few pairs of 2m skis, still got my old Pre 1200 2m with Look 99RS in the garage, I skied some Atomic downhill skis once back inte 80's I think they were 240cm and then we had some 202's for testing for a few months, pic is little livetoski not sure about the yellow snow!!
latest report
Some might remember the mahoosive Blizzard ski on the wall in the Cairngorm Day Lodge. I think it was around 5 metres. It looked like the real thing. Bit tricky in the bumps I imagine.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Big Paua, GS turns? Blimey, you were undoubtedly on D H boards, lucky to get GS turns in on em!

scooby_simon, Dynastar Course started with the red blobs. If they were older they'd be Omeglass for special or Acryglass for giant. Just being pedantic.

One of my most loved rigs was a pair of 203 mk1 Course SL with Look 99RS. Lovely (and much nicer to ski than the OmeglassII I'd been previously on).

Just checked; they are Course SLS; bright orange writing on white topsheet. Maybe they were after the Blobs.... It was about 20 years ago!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scooby_simon, Course Mk 2 I think (mk1s, the originals, were gold background) there may have been a graphic change in between but I don't recall it...
snow conditions
Had some 200 Elan RC SLs back a long time ago which went to the dump. I've never skied anything longer that 205 which wouldn't even get me admitted to longboard day. Currently longest is a puny 191 though I've a few skis hovvering around that mark.
snow report
Had some 215 atomics with a metal top sheet. I would still be up for straight skis in the bumps. Current longest 185 I can always stand them on my boots in the cable car if i feel inadequate.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy