Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pal/La Massana - Lift Pass and Private Tuition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As we are now tied to Half-Term and wanted hotel rather than self-catering accomodation, we are on a DIY trip back to La Massana/Pal in Andorra.
Despite the lack of snow, this was one of our most enjoyable holidays from a sociable and ski-tuition pov (Ellmau being the other) - our trips to small French resorts have been poor on both of these.

Having managed to book flights, accomodation, transfers and equipment I am struggling to find a way of booking the lift pass and private tuition - the main Vallnord website has lots of info but no direct booking system for either of these. I have done plenty of googling but can't find anyway of contacting the school or lift company other than phone numbers - I speak no spanish or catalan.

Does anyone know of a way to book these?

Cheers,
Zwee
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Zwee

We can do that for you - you can book your lift passes on our online booking system and send me a PM about the private lessons. We're based in Arinsal just up the road but will pop down to meet you with your lift passes when you arrive.

For La Massana our booking shop is here: www.arinsal.co.uk/shop/lamassana

Hope this helps.

Steve
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowsteve,
Thanks for your reply - I hadn't noticed before that you could book Private Lessons on your website.

I'm late replying back as we may be making a tactical switch to the Princesa Parc in Arinsal - it seems to have much better reviews than the Magic in La Massana and is quite a bit cheaper. We had originally chosen La Massana as when we went before the access to Pal via the gondola was so quick and un-crowded that thought this would be good for half-term. How does the gondola at Arinsal cope at half-term?

Once we have confirmed our resort - I will certainly be in contact about liftpass and lessons.

Cheers,
Zwee.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No worries!

At half term the gondola does get busy like most other places, but nothing too horrendous, probably 10-15 minutes or 20 if you're unlucky, but generally the queues don't last too long.

Just let me know if you want prices for Princesa Parc as we offer them too.

Regards
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you do end up at La Massana make sure you get a Vall Nord card as you get a discount (10%) on ski passes and lessons (and any catering up the mountain + various other benefits). Think you may be able to get this online? It was the same card last year as year before so hoping will be the same and we won't have to get a new one this year! We ski at Arcalis (same sector but up the road from La Massana) and have always just got ski passes on arrival. Lessons I have booked in advance and then paid for on arrival- they speak good English in office at Arcalis so sure this will be same at Pal... Have always asked to be booked with an instructor who speaks good English - this seems to result in getting more experienced instructors and I now have a shortlist I ask for. Waiting for start of season so can book up for Christmas - going for 9 days skiing this time and am very excited!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy