Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Qualification?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there an official (legal) qualification where you are allowed to fit / change bindings?

If there was an accident following an alteration to a binding on piste would I be leaving myself open by only having experience rather than qualification

your thoughts / knowledge
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1969jma, On a recent coaching course the trainees were all advised to do one of the binding tech courses offered by Anything Technical or Salomon.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On my instructors course we were advised to never change the setting by more than 0.5 for this reason - and then only when it was a major issue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what qualification would allow you to legally change binding.

i was informed even boot fitter have no recognised training, is this correct?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1969jma, We were advised that the binding tech course I described above would cover you for changing bindings. People could have incorrect forward pressure settings even if DIN is correct.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done a couple of the Salomon courses. My understanding is that they need to be 'renewed' annually. I can't see that it would give much cover for other manufacturers kit.

To be honest despite that I try and avoid setting bindings for others at all costs. I've always been advised and would advise to 'just say no'.

The flip side is that I have on occasion I have made the odd 'get them home' adjustment when up on the hill, but have then sent them directly to the shop. The issue is usually less about DIN settings than sole length - the heel piece 'moving' etc.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Law Degree should do it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy