Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski weekends in St.Anton...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to organise one for a small group for January but am struggling to find anyone offering much. Any recommendations for hotels or tour operators gratefully received!

Looking for something not too expensive.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have done weekends in St Anton with Super Travel - they have been excellent both times. Not sure about the "not too expensive" bit, because I have no idea of your budget, but I would say they were worth every penny.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Almost everywhere in St Anton aims to book Saturday to Saturday and will not admit to having vacancies for shorter stays till a few days before the holiday. For this and the reason of price you might do better in the outlying villages. There are free buses running regularly so no great bother.
However I don't know what TOs might offer in the way of packages since I usually do DIY.
Quite a long journey to get to St Anton for a weekend but of course it has a mainline Railway station.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, long journey??- its 1hour from Innsbruck - easy jet in or Swiss to Zurich -1 or 2 hour taxi et voila!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gerard McNeely, 2.5 hours train from Zurich, go for it. Try www.arlberg.com, plenty of B&B's on there, just get busy with the emails. Like snowball says above they like to do full weeks but if its early January you may be in luck. Otherise suggest you book flights, and try Petteneu if you want to make sure you're booked in (further out but still on FOC ski bus), they may commit whereas St Anton places tend to hang in there and wait for weekly bookings. Nearer the time they may get panicky and take a booking, if you're flights are booked your in business. Good luck.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look at St Jakob too, bit closer than Pettneu (also on the bus route).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gerard McNeely, Haus Allgau in St Jacob worth looking into, agree with clarky999,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As already said, weekend bookings are a pain in St Anton. Hoteliers hate them, because it eats in to two full weeks - i.e. they can't rent that room for the full week either side if someone books it for a Friday and Saturday.

I'm not trying to defend this practice, but to work around it there are a couple of things to try.

Firstly, as previously mentioned a later booking will have more chance of success - by all means inquire now but if they claim to have no vacancies don't loose heart. So long as you are flexible (e.g. if you are happy to stay in St Jakob) you will get something in January.

Second, if you can fly out first thing on a Saturday instead of on a Friday night then you can hopefully still get some skiing in that day and you are only cutting in to one of the hotelier's precious whole weeks. If this is not attractive then another option might be to fly out on a Friday and stay near the airport, get up early and be in the resort for a full day and then check in for Saturday night. Both these ideas are a total pain in the neck if you are only doing a weekend, but if you did a long weekend from, say, Sat to Tuesday then it's worth considering.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gerard McNeely, Think that Hotel Montana in the main st can do weekends?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advice! I will take a look! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy