Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telegraph Travel Awards Best Ski company 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Just saw this, I guess it figures as more people go with Crystal than other tour operators

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8849845/Telegraph-Travel-Awards-2011-the-winners.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep looking at some of those winners, Deffo Daily Torygraph readers Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How depressing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Telegraph Travel Awards in mainly gone to biggest advertisers shock.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
when you consider some of the smaller chalet operations and the standards they have its a little worrying
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooooh, I wonder if our very own Awards Ceremony Organiser was at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, jotting down a few notes Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's 'favourite' ski company, rather than 'best'.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Favorite, best, it's all the same really.

The takeway from this article should really be best country anyway.

USA, USA, USA
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The whole event is an industary puff-piece. The friends I know who are travel agents go to this as they get gifted tickets from their primary supplier, Kuoni. It's basically a free meal and an open bar and someone gets an ugly crystal bowl at the end of the evening.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
The whole event is an industary puff-piece. The friends I know who are travel agents go to this as they get gifted tickets from their primary supplier, Kuoni. It's basically a free meal and an open bar and someone gets an ugly crystal bowl at the end of the evening.

Are you saying award ceremonies are meaningless - heretic talk round here, since when did snowheads become so negative and inward looking?, 2 billion members stand to benefit from an awards ceremony etc etc wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, the main beneficiaries at those able to access the free bar. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi
Just to clear up some confusion - there was no free meal on Tuesday. In fact there was no meal! Some excellent canapes and a free bar with excellent bubbles - but a meal was very much needed to soak up the bubbles... The canapes didn't even hit the side despite being very good.

The runners up were Neilson and Inghams - but it was the torygraph and quantity of votes counts so invevitable really, it didn't need to be fixed. The smaller operators have the Guardian Awards which operates a different measuring system and allows winners from outfits who have 10 ( but really happy) customers. Of course its a travel industry beano - but allows Telegraph to have all their clients in a room together, do the mingling, networking type stuff - and create their own editorial, its how the world works!

As long as the bubbles keep flowing I'll keep going..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frogslegs, Don't blame you for going to a freebie, we're only jealous we didn't get invites! wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All reader/user type voting systems are a true reflection of not very much at all.

For example: I've just voted in a golf related poll for my "favourite" gear, resort, course etc (lured by voting being attached to a competition entry to win stuff). While there is an open ended "other" option to specify anything you want, the default is to choose from up to 6 options from each category. Out of these 6 I've probably experienced, at best, 2 of the options. In most categories I have experienced just 1 of the options. So who do I vote for? Obviously the one I've got experience of and the reason I've got experience of it is that I chose it over the other options when I was in the market so, in my mind, it is the best anyway (for whatever reason I chose it). This means that the option with the most users will win.

Just as it has in these travel awards. Awards that are the decision of a panel of judges that has experience of all of the nominees is the only way to actually take any notice of such things.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 27-10-11 14:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Huh! The bit in the paper says "Lavish Ceremony" and all they lay on is cocktail sausages and cheese and pineapple cubes stuck in half a grapefruit! Bet they didn't even have a bowl of twiglets!
snow report
Well, they did have Rory Bremner as the 'act'. He was pretty good but the acoustics at the venue were terrible so half the people in the room couldn't hear what was going on... And twiglets would have been welcome!!!
snow report
Tiger2, + 1

It's the cynical self - interest and backslapping of the media organisers and recipients of such incestuous award ceremonies that boils my pot. For the reader/customer they ain't worth sh+te.

That's why we have snowHeads (sound of trumpets and cavalry riding over the nearest hill)!
snow conditions
Quote:
All reader/user type voting systems are a true reflection of not very much at all.

Hence the Government we have......
ski holidays
Congratulations to Crystal, what they offer and how they operate may not suit every skier but they have the largest number of clients in the UK. An achievement in itself. Inghams came second in the votes and they have the second largest number of clients. Neilson were third and they have the third largest number of clients. Nothing odd that the bigger the player the more votes they get.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy