Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

25 must-do off-piste ski routes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interesting selection:

http://mountaintracks.co.uk/blog/skiing-western-alps-25-must-do-descents

Any obvious ones missing?

For me:
If Andermatt is in the western alps, I'm surprised that at least one of teh Engelberg classics haven't made it
Don't really agree with the selections at La Grave, although maybe he is restricting himself to lines that don't require a rope
I'd say the Grand Sablat or the Pyramide (with variation taking you down to Vaujany) ought to find a place in there

How many have you done?

About 11 I think
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, Its difficult to make this kind of list, I miss some lines in St Anton, Gachurn Disentis, Davos, Saas Fee, Saint Sorlin, Val Thorens etc etc,, and its was about the alpes, there is alot of great lines in the Pyrenees to,, on the list I have done 18
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool list. Kind of highlights how inexperienced I am as a "skier" Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
freeheelskier, ...off piste in Saas Fee - HELLO CREVASSE!!! CLUNK!!! (where are you talking about exactly? I'm interested. Saas gives me the willies off piste)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice list. I've done 4, so only a few left, though being based in the east alps
Unlikely I'll get any more done too soon. Agree that engelberg could have an entry or 2.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
valais2, There is with a little traversing, and offcourse with a localguide, Saas Fee offpist is dangerous if you not are wellknown with the glacier, some good line is from Feekopf and Alphubel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven't done any but will tick off the Chamonix routes in the next few seasons. The Dru holds a particular magnetism for me and have had thoughts of climbing it. Skiing The Dru is even better Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eight. Its a really nice list and I hope I get the count to eleven or thereabouts by the end of the season.

I'd agree with Arno's points re Matt's la Grave selection and the inclusion of an AdH line.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Round here I would add something dropping from Val T into the Maurienne valley - Col de Bonmartin for example... 1800m vert, steepish couloir, open face, tree skiing, pasture, then cruise down the road to a nice Auberge while waiting for the taxi back to Orelle...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I looked at the one in Val D'isere. Went for vin chaud and a fag instead....Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I guess they are representative of where they ski as geographically they seem to be concentrated largely in the Valais, Savoie/ Haute Savoie and Aosta valleys.
I think I have done 7/8 of them, if I have a criticism it is many of the ones I have skied require very little climbing to get to them and as such are frequently skied into a piste like state. (Mind you thats maybe why I have skied them and this may not be representative)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree with Arno and gorilla re La Grave routes. Nine so far for me and looks like want be adding any this season as having my ACL repaired in november.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Around 16 I think, though I'm not sure of the names of some I've done so not sure if it is the one I think.
How could he not include some of the long La Grave couloirs down to the road (La Voute for example) Also the Dolomites - just to name the obvious easy classic: Val Mesdi.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Round here I would add something dropping from Val T into the Maurienne valley - Col de Bonmartin for example... 1800m vert, steepish couloir, open face, tree skiing, pasture, then cruise down the road to a nice Auberge while waiting for the taxi back to Orelle...

offpisteskiing, Real great one Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy