Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everybody

This is my first post!! Wowee!

A question for you all: I am a member of SCGB, but I am getting increasingly irritated by them...it all seems to be an excuse to sell Freshtracks holidays, and the magazine is next to useless because the resort articles are all 'advertorials'...they are therefore all written by a fan of the resort or even by the resort itself, so it is biased tosh and isn't worth reading.

The end result is that I'm only a member because they seem to have the best insurance deal - I want to ski for up to 12 weeks, go off-piste without a guide etc...

Am I alone with my negative views?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ibendzeeknees, welcome to snowheads. If you don't know the history of snowheads, have a quick read of this

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41

I don;t think yo;re alone, although I've never been a member of the SKGB
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was a member for a year via membership was actualy a competition prize, however all the so called discont deals i ended up better discounts via other websites, with the exception of our transfer we booked. All in all though i just didnt get enough from it to warrant paying for it when it came to renewal time so I didnt
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ibendzeeknees, welcome to snowHeads

as NBT points out - sH arises out of the SCGB forum - when non-members were booted off in a badly mishandled move - although there were some interesting and very specific legal reasons why this needed to be done... but bygones...

I'm a snowHead and a SCGB member and for the last 10 years have skied with freshtracks each year, and for the last 5 years with snowHeads also. And family in between times. And there is a lot of SCGB and sH overlap... I know about sH from chatting with Achilles on a SCGB holiday,

So:

SCGB

The Magazine totally sucks - compare to fall line or Powder and no wonder it sells almost nothing on news-stands... The content is skewed towards advertorial, Arnie's heli-skiing and rather lame reviews. There are some gems - eg Andreas Hofer, but generally it sucks...
The website has got worse and become "modern" but hard to navigate
The forum is well hidden, seems unimportant to the club, and very very quiet... even compared with 4 or 5 years ago
BUT - reps can be brilliant, I've been on some great holidays to places like Fernie, La Grave and Engelberg with Freshtracks, and the insurance is good value, and the discounts are ok.

snowHeads

Has a great forum, but the chatty bit is getting quieter. Is developing holidays more, but still not offering as much range of gnarl as Freshtracks can. The snowHeads insurance is embryonic and looks costly for what I want to do.

I have made friends from both. Both have their pros and cons.

Please hang around - the single-issue SCGB bashing days are over here. And feel free to give some dosh to snowHeads

snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy