Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots in Glasgow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am in Glasgow for the next few days. Can anyone recommend a good place to get some new boots fitted?

Cheers.
p.s. I am so excited about winter!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jwhiteley1 wrote:

I am in Glasgow for the next few days. Can anyone recommend a good place to get some new boots fitted?

Blues would be my preference http://www.bluestheskishop.co.uk/WhereToFindUs.htm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jwhiteley1, Hmm have heard good reports about blues but personal experience was not so good. Like many others they fell into the trap of squeezing me into the nearest they had to fitting my feet. An expensive mistake which I repeated about 2 years and a lot of pain later at Ellis Brigham. In the end I had custom made boots made by Daleboot in Kitzbuhel and I finally have the ski boot equivalent of comfy slippers.

By all means try them and if you've got a routine fit you'll probably be fine. If your feet are anything but average and they start suggesting compromises like bigger sizes being packed out or otherwise seriously adjusted then I'd run a mile.

If you can get up to Stirling then I might be an idea to go and see Alain Baxter. He has a new shop there and does bootfitting. I would think he will know what he's about?

http://www.alainbaxter.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been recommended Shona at Blues in Glasgow but have no personal experience.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe a bit late for you now but, I went to Nevis Sports (Sauchiehall Street) and got measured up. Was assured I was a 29.5 (I wear a size 12 in my normal shoes). I tried some size 29.5 in a couple of boots but both of them felt really bad. I know everyone goes on about being getting a tight fit but these felt like my toes were turning back on themselves even when standing in a ski-ing position, I felt like a Japaneses Geisha. Anyway they didn't have a bigger size for me to try but the guy was quite adamant that this was what I want. I made my excuses and left and went to Summits which is just outside Glasgow in Paisley. When I walked in there and asked about boots, telling the guy what I had been measured at he took one look at my shoes, raised his eyebrows and shook his head. And so after a measuring with them he came to the conclusion that I was a 30.5. Tried a few boots on it there felt the 30.5 were the perfect fit and went with that. Buying a pair of Head Edge+ 10.5 boots for £100.
So the outcome of that was that I wasn't impressed with Nevis Sports but very happy with the service I got in Summits.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One of my mates had a similar experience at EB Glasgow. Crammed into boots too tight.
First go with them was a lads trip to Samoens. He was in agony and when we got back that night his toenails had big blood blisters under them. We had to drill little holes through them with a kitchen implement to release the pressure.
He then had to rent for the rest of the week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy