Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow conditions mayrhofen..7th jan??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey!

was just wondering if any 1 has any first hand experience of the usual conditions this time of year? i know its all pot luck but just trying to get agenral feel for the conditions there this time of year.

after having possibly 2 of the worst weeks skiing last year in france and austria due to the terrible conditions i feel its only fair i get waist deep powder the night before my first day skiing and blue bird skies for the rest of the week...

not too much to ask for right?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It could possibly be snowy. Or it may be sunny and unseasonally warm. Or it might rain a little bit. Or it might not. Since I dropped my crystal ball I've struggled to know what the weather in a particular resort will be like 3 months (a quarter of a year) ahead. However, a quick Google search (remember, Google is our friend) throws up this:

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/snowreports/historical/snowreport.aspx/Mayrhofen

That will give you all the info you need. No need to thank me, it's all part of the service.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mad_mike, I was in Tirol round about that time last season and the snow was great, hardpacked and icy, but I like it like that. Two months later in Austria, the temperatures were considerably warmer, the snow less deep and slushy towards the bottom but I still wouldn't have described it as a bad week of skiing with terrible conditions. It was a fabulous week of skiing with mixed conditions. You get what you get. At least these days it's not all down to Mother Nature.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mad_mike, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80434#1880314
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll be fine, the white stuff will be everywhere
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is going to be no snow anywhere in the Alps this winter. Sorry.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What rjb and James the lasr said Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mad_mike, well it was pretty bloody good in early Jan 10.....though not sure if that's going to be of any help whatsoever Laughing

Mind you, I can think or worse places to be stranded with no snow Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for the helpfull (and not so helpfull) advice
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mad_mike, do I need to take an umbrella to work next Thursday?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
why dont you take ur face for a poo-poo?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mad_mike, That's not very nice. He was asking a perfectly reasonable question. Jeez, some people are just so rude.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mad_mike wrote:
why dont you take ur face for a poo-poo?

Come on, you asked a stupid question, just take the banter. You got your answer after all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mad_mike, What they said. Any twit can say "it was great when I was there" or "the average snow there on that day is...",

You'll only find out when you get there. No need to be rude. Welcome to the Internet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, Very true!

Although for anyone that may not be so bright! I believe there will be a heatwave on January 4th - 6th and on the 7th monsoon like rain in the Ziller valley! Something to do with the micro climate of the area!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy