Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfer time Grenoble airport to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Anyone know the transfer time from Grenoble airport to Les Arcs. I think it is around 3.5hrs, but not sure
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jon Ford,

Usually works out a bit quicker than that for us - I'd leave 3 hours door-to-door.

Hope that helps?
Heather
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Ford, are you talking coaches or cars? IIRC its about 200 km almost all motorway / dual carriageway / A road until you get onto the last 20km from Bourg, so 2 1/2 hours should be sufficient (Of course the time of day and time of year can also scupper that, especially along the vallety road from Moutiers to Bourg) So yes, I'd go with Heather's assement if you are trying to plan ahead: allow 3 hours.

However if you are renting, then you need to make sure you are at the front of the rental car queue - send someone to hire while you wait for the carousel. First time, we waited longer at the desk than actual drive time (seriously: it was a nightmare.) Later on, we've had our 'driver' turn up at the front door with the car as we staggered out of the terminal doors with his kit alongside ours...

(Also cheap fuel on the way back is NOT on the airport, but when you come off the motorway, turn left (3/4 roundabout) to the supermarket rather than right onto the airport. Its about 400m on your RHS).

HTH
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the info Arctic Roll, and Snow and Sunshine, . Sorry, should have said -we will be going by coach (Thomas Cook/Neilson)
I realise there will be waiting round for everyone to get on the coach too!
Got a portable DVD player, so will need to make sure the battery is fully charged!!

Paid holiday off today - really cant wait now...shame another 3months to go!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jon Ford,

Travelling with Neilson their transfer time will be advertised in their brochure. This is the time that (baring 2m of powder!) their coach will take to get from the airport to the first stop in Les Arcs (inc any changes etc) and are usually quite exact. You should plan in about an extra 40min - 1hr for loading the coach etc at the airport and drop offs in resort.

Happy holidays!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ford, I would say 2 1/2 hours on a normal day but a busy Saturday will take longer.........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy