Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: La Plagne/Champagny snow report 2012-2013

Poster: A snowHead
Heavy rain in Plagne 1800 at the moment. Should be good for snow higher up.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Heavy rain in Plagne 1800

Sad any idea of the temperature at 1800?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow at Plagne Village - not sure exactly how much cos haven't been out yet, but enought that we'll need the shovel for the car I think . . .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at the webcams the current snow/rain level is around 1400 metres, just a dusting in Montalbert at 1350m, a bit more in Champagny le Haut at 1450m, loads in Plagne Bellecote at 1930m.

A few of the webcams are not working or have not updated over the weekend, best view is currently from the one in Plagne Bellecote.

Snow-forecast are predicting over 30cms of snow in the next couple of days, heaviest on Tuesday night, with the freezing level dropping to 550 metres at times.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at the Plagne Bellecotte webcam (and then going to the live view of Belle Plagne) it is snowing right now! Way too excited. Went out and bought my first ever pair of skis and boots this weekend and itching to try them out. We arrive in La Plagne on New years Eve and can't wait!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks I'll be heading to La Plagne on the 17th. Can't WAIT! 12 SLEEPS TO GO... snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit under 10cm in 1800 now and more like 15cm over in Belle Plagne. Snowing on and off at the moment, snow line is maybe 1500m.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow line roughly 1500m here in les coches!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Standee, great to see you now have got a full season title, thanks. I think this thread will get loads more posts now.

Daleskier, From what can be seen from across the valley, it appears that there is a very slight dusting in Les Cloches and nothing lower down. The main snow line appears to be above the village. If you are in Les Cloches, have they started trying to use the snow canons and are they planning on trying to open this weekend or wait until the 17 Dec?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow crazy, they haven't got them on yet though I suspect they will soon, not heard anything about opening early though. For what it's worth I reckon that the snow line will be down by monchaivin by fri.............. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Really coming down now on the Bellecotte web cam! I can't stop looking it even though I won't be there till NYE!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Now snowing in the lower villages of Champagny, Montalbert and Montchavin. It is even snowing in Bozel at 825 metres (courtesy of offpistesking in the 3 valleys thread).
The snow depths look better on the webcams than the predicted snowfall, lets hope it continues for the next couple of days.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Bellecotte webcam makes for some nice viewing at the moment
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking amazing! I'm so excited. What a difference a few days makes.

11 sleeps to go Very Happy

Nice to see snow down in Montalbert and Les Coches for the first time this season as well..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
18 days to go, now my concern returns to being the drive from Chambery!!!
latest report
Standee, They are pretty good at keeping the roads clear up to Champagny, especially during the day on a busy Saturday, so I wouldn't worry.
snow conditions
skichampcouk wrote:
Standee, They are pretty good at keeping the roads clear up to Champagny, especially during the day on a busy Saturday, so I wouldn't worry.

more concerned abuot Sat Nav taking me the wrong way!!!
ski holidays
Standee, It is an easy journey, I will post more details on the transfer thread and leave this one for snow reports.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80170&highlight=

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 13-12-11 15:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
It's been snowing all day whilst I've been down in BSM shopping, reckon freezing level at about 1000m. Maybe half a metre when it's finished. Should make a good base.........
latest report
Heavy snow falling right down the valley now Happy
ski holidays
Conditions are looking good on the webcams this morning.
The webcam at the top of the gondola in Champagny is now powered up, they must be testing the gondola out in time for the opening on the 17th.

Looks like a good 30cms of fresh snow up there and it is still snowing heavily. Very Happy http://www.trinum.com/ibox/champagny/Images/rossa_MEGA.jpg

Looking around the villages lower down - Champagny village, Montalbert, Montchavin all look to have had a good dump of snow last night.
Snow-forecast are predicting another 25cms today so looking good for those in La Plagne who are around for the higher villages opening this Saturday.

Anybody out there who can give us a first hand report?
ski holidays
skichampcouk,
Quote:

Anybody out there who can give us a first hand report?

I've had a couple of texts from people on their way to Tignes this morning, apparently huge snowflakes falling all the way along the valley
snow report
I can't stop looking at the webcams, the amount of snow in La Plagne is RIDICULOUS. I can't wait to see how it looks under (the forecast) blue skies tomorrow, it'll be absolutely stunning.

I need to get my week there booked, pronto.
ski holidays

No rain in Montchavin, its all happening.

This is from lunchtime today and its still snowing - whoopeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley Skullie rolling eyes wink Cool snowHead Laughing NehNeh Razz Twisted Evil Shock
latest report

The snow dance has worked!

WHOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Very Happy
snow report
Swadster, where are you in 1800, are you out working or ??????
snow conditions
Preposterous amounts of snow!

I'm booked for the 17th in La Plagne, bring it on! snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Piccadilly, just beat you leave a week today!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Still snowing!
ski holidays
Skinned up to the plan bois chairlift this afternoon from les coches, followed someone else's skin track so it was easier getting up than down given the heavy snow. There was a meter at plan bois and it's still chucking it down, so I think we can all relax dig ourselves out tomorrow and look forward to a good season Very Happy
latest report
Daleskier, this is good to hear, thanks for the update.

Trust you will be out again braving the elements, in order to post!!!
snow conditions
Yep all I ned now is a piste basher to work the runs.
ski holidays
Daleskier, I am led to believe they will only work when the snow is at a certain depth - around 150mm!!

Well it all looking promising . . .
snow report
Conditions look great on the webcams this morning, tons of snow and blue skies. Looks like the piste bashers are out in force, blue run from la Bergerie is being bashed as I type.

Any news of snow depths out there?

Any chance of the whole area opening early?
snow report
skichampcouk, my mate in Montchavin who is a ski instructor who has provided me with pics actually measured the sno depth in the village (Montchavin) last night and it was 38cm.

Not bad when you consider at the start of Dec all the posts were refering to green/brown mountains with cows and horses munching away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
roche1800, I have since had a look on the La Plagne website and they are reporting 120cms at the Glacier, 100cms at Roche de mio and 80cms in Plagne centre.

I'm hoping for an early opening as I am due out on the 14th Dec, if not I will have to drive across to Courchevel which looks good at the moment.
I booked my flight home for the morning of Saturday 17th so may well change that to an evening flight if they don't open early. I would like to be one of the first on the Champagny gondola this season.

Any idea how much National Citer charge if you are delayed by 8 hours?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 8-12-11 13:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Montalbert is looking better too
latest report
Piste bashers have been out! It's starting to look like a ski resort again Very Happy
snow report
skichampcouk, I thought the web site said 'Altitude' was opening tomorrow, and 'villages' on 17th. (I cant check as it doesnt work on my phone,which is where i am now.) If the gondola counts as altitude then hopefully you should get to play. Just dont use it all up before the 16th when I get there! Very Happy
snow conditions
skichampcouk, as above baggyboy, Altitude opens 10th eveything else 17th.
Piccadilly, See http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#08_12_11 for some excellent pics from yesterday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy