Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your best Picture from last winter

Poster: A snowHead
Dont know if this has been done on Snowheads allready but seeing summer will be tailing off soon maybe we could get some good photos from a European Perspective ?

Some excellent Pics from Teton Gravity

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9638
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This was my favourite day last season at Glenshee. The best skiing of the season for me at the end of February/beginning of March. View from top of the Carn Aosda.

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How do i put a picture on?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rockyrobin, that's gorgeous. Special Scottish days can be the most special of all!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, Yeah, the last 2 weeks of February and beginning of March were magic for Scottish sliding.
The best view I had though was of going up the Cas T-Bar at Cairngorm while the wind was blowing fresh snow off the ridge above the top bullwheel. One giant snowmaking machine for the Upper Cas. Wish I had a photo of that view Sad With luck someone else who was there that day when the wind was in just the right direction will post a photo.

nightshift, PM coming your way.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rockyrobin, nice pic wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is Nightshift's picture i've popped up for him/her?. Val Thorens Season 04/05.

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nightshift, Seeing pictures like that is going to make me feel so depressed when I ski in the snow dome now Sad
That's beautiful, like being on top of the world snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rockyrobin terrific.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This one was also taken in VT last season. It looks like reflections in the camera/lens, but it's actually a reasonable picture of what we saw. The combination of the setting sun and the air filled with tiny ice particles led to a circular rainbow which was itself reflected. You had to see it to believe it:

It looked more dramatic in real life!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ive got one to post can anyone help?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not so sure its that impressive now ive found it again.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ian bloomfield, you can upload to www.snowmediazone.com and link to it there - once you've uploaded it the required link to copy into your text here will be displayed. Hope this makes sense Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rockyrobin, WOW. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Would probably be this one from Loch Lomond, taken on the way to Glencoe.
latest report
Good thread and nice pics, I just have to work out how I can edit my vids so I can upload...!!
snow conditions
Alastair .. were we in the same area ... 9th March in Les Menuires, saw these two glories(?) just hanging over the piste .. pity my mate Phil is spoiling the foreground .. the intensity of the light was quite startling!
ski holidays
stevew, just checked my picture - it was taken the same afternoon. It was an extraordinary sight; mine was taken on the Pluviometre piste.
snow conditions
Alastair wrote:
stevew, just checked my picture - it was taken the same afternoon. It was an extraordinary sight; mine was taken on the Pluviometre piste.
We were on 4 Vents heading back in into LM, you must have got a cross wise view of it whilst we were looking stright down at it.

Is glory the right term?
snow conditions
I have too many,how about this one taken in Dec 04

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 21-08-05 9:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
This is a favourite of mine, no blue sky, no sun, -15 and just the whirring of the chair lift and the silence you get after a heavy snowfall. this is what its all about for me

chairlift from Les gets towards Pleney on Morzine side.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 20-08-05 9:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Chris Brookes,
So good it could be a post card..!!
latest report
JT, well thankyou...

I should ask Murren Tourism if they would like to buy it for a very small fee Laughing
latest report
Turning out to be good thread but how about telling us where the photos are taken ?
snow report
Thanks rockyrobin, for posting my photo. (I'm a her BTW!)
snow report
stanton, my picture was taken (March 05) at Winteregg in Murren Switzerland looking over at a peak directly over Wengen called Tschuggen (2520m).Wengen was below the clouds as it is only 1274m.
ski holidays
Some wonderful pics! Really makes me eager to hit the slopes.
latest report
Chris Brookes, Beautiful
ian bloomfield, Love and agree with your sentiment, but do i see sun & a bit of blue sky?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, any chance of re-sizing your pics so we don't have to scroll? The media zone should now automatically re-size uploads to a max of 640X640, but early uploads could exceed that. I could do it but a) I'm lazy and b) I don't want to choose a jpeg compression factor for you Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Alan Craggs, please re-size it for me,i don't know how too
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Zermatt, view from the balcony on 1st morning Very Happy

Glenshee, on my birthday snowHead

ski holidays
WOW!! Shocked Shocked I wanna be there!!
Julia snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I have re-sized but managed to lose your original title (something at Winteregg?) in the process Blush . Sorry about that - can you remember what it was/edit the photo?
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, thanks for changing .
latest report
Here's one of my favourites, sunset over Grindelwald, from Kleine Scheidegg, just before 6 of us came down in the dark (3 of us for our first taste of night skiing!!!!)

snow report
Charlatanefc, looks familiar wink
ski holidays
D G Orf, come on D G Orf, wheres yours Puzzled
latest report

Out of the 1500 or so photos from last winter in Verbier I love this one most. Lee and I hiked Mont Gele, the snow wasn't great but Lee was flying...

A rare photo, me on the other side of the lens, so special in a different way...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 23-08-05 23:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
D G Orf, heh heh heh. We were thinking of going back to Wengen or Grindelwald for xmas, but most of our party are going out there at different times, so Chamonix seemed the easiest option!
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, if you insist

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy