Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rush of blood

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In a moment of weakness and because the prices looked good, I've booked four flights to Geneva on Thursday 29th Dec, returning Sunday 1st Jan (2 adults, a 13 and an 11). Didn't really give a second thought to accomodation. Hoping to hook up with some friends who are in Val D'Isere for the two weeks over Christmas and New Year and have a potential "floor" opportunity, not that they know this! Nowhere wants to take bookings in advance and I'm wondering what the collective wisdom here would recomend. Also going to La Tania over Feb half term, any recomendations on private ski lessons? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would recommend booking late, and risking the floor. If it's anything like last season, TOs and hoteliers are going to have problems filling that week, and will be desperate to get bookings when it gets nearer the time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Kramer, I'll practise next week trying to find a campsite for the bank holiday!! It's good to know that the last minute approach can work. Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
martyngb
Quote:
Nowhere wants to take bookings in advance

Where are you looking?!! Shocked
Granted many websites aren't set up for the 2005/06 booking season yet. But if you can get hold of individual hoteliers on the end of the phone/email (and it's a big if, depending much on whether the hotelier's not gone on holiday himself) then most accomodation owners will gladly take your booking now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
martyngb, sorry but I think you'll have problems getting a short break over New Year, I don't believe it that TOs will have difficulty over either Xmas or New Year. During high season weeks most hoteliers will only take 7 day bookings.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Manda, I could book a weeks accomodation no problem ,it's finding someone that's willing to book for 3 nights this early. I've managed to do it with a couple of months notice out of the school holidays but at peak time hoteliers want to hold out for 7 day money! I'm ever hopeful that come december any money is better than none>
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was once a member of the self-styled 'Val d'Isere Sardines'. There were 22 of us. We slept in a 6-bed apartment for a month, on the floor (except the lucky 6!), with all the baggage piled up in a corner of the living room.

We got by on about £1.50 per day (this was about 1975), feeding ourselves with a 3-ring cooker. And sharing one bathroom! Our financially-challenged membership included the late Willy Bailey (one-time member of the British Ski Team, later killed in a Verbier avalanche), Mike Payne (who became marketing director of the International Olympic Committee), and Jamie Mylne (who became design and production director of Nevica).

martyngb, what would you like to know about sleeping on the floor in Val d'Isere? I recommend having a mattress - somehow I survived the nights without one!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 19-08-05 15:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
martyngb, have you looked into hostels/bunkhouses? They're more likely to let you book for a couple of nights and might be better than sleeping on a floor?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks,I've not really looked at the hostel/bunkhouse arena yet, my 13 yr old daughter can be sensistive about sharing. She's the easiest to "place" at our friends so less of an issue. At what point do you think hoteliers/agents start cutting their losses and opening up rooms. Complicated by the fact we're taking in NYE. The other thought is ski hire, I assume that early in the season there should be some available. I can and indeed have done the sardine/sleep on the floor gig but want the cubs to enjoy the whole thing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
martyngb, you live dangerously.. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax, last year the TOs were desperately discounting in the week leading up to Christmas and New Year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy