Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Junior Ski's for an adult...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone Smile I have a quick question....Last year I bought some Völkl Racetiger GS Racing ski's. The specs are as follows:

Length: 1630mm

Tail: 89mm

Waist: 63mm

Tip: 102mm

Radius: 16.6m

Marker EPS Bindings

Now, I bought these last year brand new (and very cheap) from a mail order company, here in Munich, Germany where I live. It was only when I opened the box that I noticed that on the ski's it said "junior". What with one thing and another, I never got round to sending them back. Can I use these ski's do you think? I'm a 33 year old guy, weigh about 80 kg and am 5'11. The skis come to just above my chin. I am in no way shape or form an expert, and nor do I want to be really. I am a pootler and that's fine with me Smile I can ski down a mountain fine, but am not fussed about getting to the bottom ASAP, prefering to take things easy with a beer on the way down....Being so close to the Alps, I usually ski about 15 times per year.

Also, the bindings are slightly too small for my size 46 ski boot. They are in 2 pieces, the front part of the binding being screwed into the ski with what looks like 3 screws. Is it possible to take them off and remount them - either by myself or at a ski shop?

Any help much appreciated...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sound very short for someone your heigh (I'm 5'9 and my skis vary between 168cm and 174cm) and as the juniors I think they will be very soft for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply. Is the length really a problem though? I've hired ski's which only come to my neck, and they have been fine - these Racetigers come to above my chin. Also, because the are "race" ski's and therefore stiffer than normal ski's - my extra weight would counter act this - no? What is the worst that can happen if I use them?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dwnb01, They are designed for 11-12 year old children, use an adult ski.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dwnb01, hi there, did you end up purchasing the junior skis back in 2011? I have the same initial question and situation as you. Thanks for the feedback if you're still on these forums!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Johndkasso, how do the skis know your age?

However, they do know your weight. So if you are built like a 12 year old, you’ll be fine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Johndkasso, child size ski boots have different sole plate dimensions to adult boots, so check very carefully what standard your bindings are made for.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, I should have mentioned I wasn't concerned about the bindings. And they are 2013 Blizzard World Cup GS skis with wood and titanium core, so not your normal junior skis. They are however too short upon reviewing. At 150 pounds, because of their build, I could use them, but they are too short.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Erm Don't take the name on them as representive of the construction if you are looking at the adult ski specs. Junior skis are often just a top sheet replica of the real deal.

Would you drive a kid's pedal car? So don't ski kids' skis unless you are a very lightweight female.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I gather almost all the women who race on dry slopes use junior skis. I would be more concerned as to why you bought a junior GS race ski. Why buy a race ski if you are "a pootler"
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy