Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snow heads,

few friends and I are looking to rent an apartment/chalet/accomodation in France however would like to know any recommendations for good prices and reputable companies. just want to know if anyone has had any experience in this area and what advice they would give.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a pretty big area... To start, email the tourist office of whichever area/resort you're interested in, second, google for accommodation there...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With such a wide search, I can only suggest that I'm fairly keen on Ski Olympic, and have booked holidays with them through Iglu. All their chalets are in France, so this is within what you've asked for, but I have no idea whether it will suit you as well as it suits me.

If you can come up with something a bit more specific on when you are planning to go, what kind of skiers/boarders you are, preferences on nightlife, rough guess at budget, we can come up with something a bit more specific in response.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

If you can come up with something a bit more specific on when you are planning to go, what kind of skiers/boarders you are, preferences on nightlife, rough guess at budget, we can come up with something a bit more specific in response.

+1. the OP is just far too broad. But - both Peak Retreats and Erna Low have excellent reputations for self catering accommodation and ferries etc.

When are you thinking of going?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thinking of going around the end of december time for 7 nights. in our group there are a couple of boarders and 2-4 skiers depending on who actually comes with us. Nightlife isnt too much of a concern, the main thing we are looking for is self catering accommodation in an area suitable for beginners and intermediates. over the last two seasons we have been to Puy St Vincent however want to expand our horizons.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
End of December = New Year = Expensive and Busy. Move fast.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammy1846at4 wrote:
thinking of going around the end of december time for 7 nights. in our group there are a couple of boarders and 2-4 skiers depending on who actually comes with us. Nightlife isnt too much of a concern, the main thing we are looking for is self catering accommodation in an area suitable for beginners and intermediates. over the last two seasons we have been to Puy St Vincent however want to expand our horizons.

Okey dokey, if you want to go end of Dec you need to think about dates - both Xmas and New Year are on weekends this year, so most Tour Operators aren't running weekend to weekend in late December. They want one booking from 22nd/23rd Dec for Xmas week and then from 29th/30th for a week for New Year. So you may have an obstacle there.

There are a lot of self catering options, for one you can write off Ski Olympic suggestion above, all of their options are catered. I would suggest you do some research on catered options as well (unless you are SC for a reason like small kids or very very weird dietary requirements) because sometimes the difference between SC and catered is very small.

You now have enough info to be able to start searching on sites like Iglu - I tend to chuck in my proposed dates, chuck in anything else that matters (like France only and Self Catered if that's what you want, plus distance from slopes etc) and it starts to give you some options, you can narrow it to meet your budget and see what options you have. Once you have a shortlist of 3 or 4, we can help you to narrow that down. Alternatively you can just give them a call and let their guys do the legwork.

I would say if you've got a fair number of beginners and intermediates that you don't need a mega resort like Espace Killy or the 3 Valleys. The premium you are paying for a massive ski area will only benefit a few members in the group, that said at the end of Dec you really need to think about altitude.

Now this is important because it may affect everyone's enjoyment, but until the end of Dec, you need to go for high altitude resorts because you want snow. And snow happens at high altitude more than low. So suggest you start with a list of the highest ski resorts in France and work down. Going to a resort at 1500m in December is probably going to be absolutely fine, but if we get a warm start to the season it might well not be.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy