Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming World Cup Finals 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hoping Waynos or someone with local knowledge can help out here. Going to be in Ski Amade region from 10-24 March 2012 and will be spending a week in two different resorts. Schladming was high on the list to re-visit but we are wondering how much disruption the racing is going to cause for recreational skiers. Are both men and women racing on Planai or are some races going to be held on Hauser Kaibling or even Reiteralm? Don't mind a couple of pistes off limits but we would want to be able to travel freely across all the 4 main hills. Any help much apreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I understand it 85% of piste on planai and hochwurzen will be open to the public for the WM 2103. I assume for World Cup 2012 it will be that or more.
see this link http://www.schladming2013.at/en/travel-visitor-info/planai-hochwurzen/

I'm sure I read some where there will be some piste used for training on hauser kailbling and retieralm as well, again in context of wm 2103.

I'm sure the 4 mountains links will be kept open.

Loads of construction work going on in town right now in preparation for wm 2013, I can see and hear 8 sizeable projects from where I'm living, normally from around 6am.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks waynos, sounds like a return to Schladming might just be on the cards.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waynos,

I wonder if I could pick your brains.

I'm visiting Schladming for the first time 21-28th Jan 2012. My ex is a member of Diamond resorts so staying at their Rohrmoos appartments. Are you familiar with their location? Is it possible to ski direct to the lifts? Is Rohrmoos as it looks, good re-learner territory - my grown up kids haven't skiied for 7 or 8 years. And is the centre of Schladming within walking distance if we go out for a beer.

Thanks in advance Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mozwold, not waynos here but, have skied Schladming/Rohrmoos a few times. If those apartments are actually in Rohrmoos you can ski into and out of the village. Have thought it would be the ideal place for learners, wide expansive shallow pistes and friendly lifts. Would not say the centre of Schladming was an easy or short walk. There are a number of hotels and bars in Rohrmoos though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks eg, appreciate the info. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mozwold, Tauernalm at the bottom of Hochwurzen is worth a look on the way back towards Rohrmoos http://www.tauernalm.com/de/tauernalm.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mozwold, in addition to what e.g., says there's a night bus service from rohrmoos to schladming if you fancy a beer, otherwise plenty of taxis, I guess the price would be around 10Euros. It's about a 30min walk down to schladming, a tad longer up. You can walk down towards Untertal and then follow a path along the river into Schladming, it's kept open in winter and has street lighting. Rohrmoos is the best area for beginners and has amazing views towards the Dachstein.

mozwold, You do realize the night race is on 24 Jan? Brillaint event, 50,000 people will be in town for it. can get "red" tickets on the night to watch on the side of steep race piste or just hang in town with 1000's of others. You may struggle to get a taxi to rorhmoos that night but the night bus should keep running. Come to think of it I will probably be getting the night bus myself that night as moving out of schladming town to Rohrmoos/Untertal for a period over winter. Shame as I currently have a perfet view of the race piste from the apartment. Anyway an event not to be missed.

Schladming opens it's first lift for skiing tomorrow, yes 23rd October. Only a single lift at the top of planai but a good start.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DO not miss the night race - we were there last year and will be returning again this year - thousands of very drunk prople but not a hint of trouble that I saw.

We were discussing the number of likely arrests if it had been held in the UK!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all for the input, and yes, I did know about the race; it was one of the reasons I chose that week.

I've actually had a closer look at the resort info and looked at location on google maps and it's no where near as far up as Rohrmoos proper. It's on Alpineweg and seems to be about 6 or 700m up Rohrmoosstrasse from the island with Salzburgerstrasse, so possibly only 10mins walk into the centre.

On the subject of race tickets, how can I order some? The 'night-race' website is a tad confusing, and I can't work it out (it would help if I spoke better German of course but hey ho).

Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy