Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark ladies beginners ski suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am in need of a little ski advice!!

I am a female skier who has just ventured into telemark. I am a beginner in this area, but would like to buy my own telemark skis. My internet searching hasnt been very sucessful so far, so any suggestions of a ladies, beginners telemark ski would be really welcome.

Thanks Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SnowVic, welcome to the jungle wink . The days of "telemark-specific" skis are gone really, so whatever you ski alpine on will generally do you fine with tele bindings (some rationale for going slightly shorter and softer, but overall you can just use whatever ski you would use for downhill/alpine)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads SnowVic.

Wholeheartedly agree with barry.

I don't know where you live, but do you know that there are telemark groups at both Hemel and Tamworth?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowVic, I can just say what barry, was saying,, think alpine when you make the choice of telemark skis, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got some Scott Rosa skis, lovely all mountain easy ski- stuck my tele set up on them and ace! I use them for teaching on and have loaned them out to beginners as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowVic, Welcome to snowHead s

More or less any ski will do....just not too long, and with some width for softer snow - if you have an old pair of Alpine skis you like then they would be a good place to start.

More important are bindings/boots - if you can afford them then NTN bindings give you a release and step-in ability.

If not - then for look at Hammerhead or Bomshells (bindings).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowVic, if memory serves I think that summer has some bindings for sale(?)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy