Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiset v SnowRental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to La Rosiere from 28th Jan for a week. Ski hire seems to be much cheaper with Skiset. Has anyone used them before?Any advice comments?
Thanks, Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
how much is Ski Set, and have you tried the discount code HELLOSNOW11 with Snowrental?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used SkiSet for most of my rentals. Never had any problems, and prices seemed OK (with either online discount, or referral discount etc., plus they'll spam you even more discount codes afterwards, and next year too)

Also worth checking Alpinresorts.com Rental. They're just a reseller of SkiSet etc. with even more discount. Try "news133" for French shops, "news101" for shops everywhere else.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would avoid booking through Snowrental (who are just a middle man) if the hire shop is actually SkiSet (who operate shops and have a website). It is probably a consequence of the way their tiers line up but we did this last year and ended up with very low level kit for a hefty price (although the price looked good when we booked, thinking we would get mid range)

Don't have much good to say about SkiSet either based on the shop in La Daille. Very old low end kit for the price. They only seemed to stock one brand of boots, Salomons, which don't fit me that well but when the boots originally selected for me didn't fit I was just bought another Salomon boot which wasn't much better fitting. Also two of our party had bindings break, one which involved the brake snapping off and the ski hurtling down the piste.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We, as snowHeads have a couple of preferential skiHire rates:

For a start we get an extra discount at Ski Set!
Although Supermegas get more Wink

We also get a rate at http://Alpinresorts.com using the discount code SNOWBALL

(edited to improve Ski Set discount code)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 26-10-11 10:37; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
have used skiset many times and never had a problem. emailed the company a few years ago looking for a "customer loyalty wink " special discount and got this one
newskisetclubuk which gives a 30% discount and it still works as I have just checked. the snowheads code gives just 20% off!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone. Especially creedgearoid! Yes, the discount code works and I have just booked two sets of intermediate skis with insurance for 102 euros. Bargain!
Chris
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weird - I just tried creedgearoid's code and it didn't work...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weird - I just tried creedgearoid's code and it didn't work...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
try Skimium, have been cheapest wherever I've gone.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi,

Just tried the Skiset link from admin, and it's exactly the same price quoted for anyone on-line - I used a different computer to make sure they weren't tracking cookies.

So it looks like Snowheads are not getting any extra discount to Joe Public Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
michael stocking, where and and when we you checking with the 30%code? i'll check for you if you give the details to see if its just your pc or whatever.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ok michael stocking, I see what you mean by 'weird' yes you are correct it seems likekrisw123, booking has finished off that code. was probably already out of date and when they saw that booking coming in they took the code down. was 100% working last night as I checked a good few resorts before I posted. I'll try emailing them again to see if they give me a new code
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
since i practice, i've already tried several websites, but one of the best i've ever tried still http://www.snowrental.net/ and since their are changing their websites it's not as bad. their cheap, there's some choice...well it's my favorite one guys
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a look at Skiset and Alpinresorts, the latter works out cheapest, with the 'SNOWBALL' code. I have used them in the past; once in Serre, which was very good, and last year in L2A, which was not so good as the shop was a long way from accomodation (in spite of looking on the map!), and the skis not particularly good, in spite of ordering the upgraded package.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy