Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line Sir Francis Bacon's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post but long term lurker, after deciding to register!

Was looking at some new ski's for the new season - currently have Line Prophet 80s, from a time when 80 under foot was a lot (for Europe at least)! They must be 8 years old, and have lost some pop. Well loved and well worn.

Was looking to go for a reasonably straightforward switch to the Prophet 98s, but has anyone tried the above skis?

Is 108mm too much for mainly Europe this year - although hopefully Japan next year? I'll keep the 80s for Cairngorm and Glenshee!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nice skis the Franny Bs, will be lighter and more flexy then the 98s. The 100mm Blends have been my go to ski the last 2 seasons, which might also be worth a look, what sking you do? If you go the older prophets, then i presume they are the types before the metal matrix so maybe worth checkin them out if they are to stiff..

saying that the FBs are a bit heavier according to the specs..

influence looks interesting if you want a stiffer charger with a nice fat waist, though not seen not idea what its like to actually ski.

does it need to be Line skis ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'ver been hearing a lot of good things about the Opus. Bit fatter than the SFBs but still meant to be manageable on piste.
But away from Line there are a lot of good skis that fit the bill, both in the 100mm waist and the 115mm waist. Also you need to decide on whether you want rocker or a traditional cambered ski. I have the armada jjs and they are amazing, turn on a penny off piste and still can carve ridiculously well on piste for a fat ski. But have a look at other companies other than Line, there's so much choice out there!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Line have had a few demo days at Glenshee the last few years if you aren't in a rush to buy?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Sir Francis Bacon is a STUNNING ski. Tom on our ski test team ordered a set after the first run on them in February, and is now a proud owner of a set. It performs amazingly well in ALL mountain conditions for its width, thanks to the sidewall construction they have added to the binding area of the ski.

Here is Tom's comments on the Sir Francis Bacons - Note the ski is twice as tall as him, he is stood on a park bench Madeye-Smiley

http://youtube.com/v/IGQXNcZevIE

Hope that helps! Tom is an andvanced skier, mainly piste but will try anything, Europe only skier.

ScottyDog
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chimpy,

I skied around 30 days last winter in Scotland on K2 Sidestashes (108mm wide) and they coped well with the different conditions faced throughout the season. Prior to that I was skiing on 102mm wide skis in all conditions. Obviously skis over 100mm wide are not as nimble on piste but they still fun to ski and I have no plans to go back to a smaller ski. 108mm would be a good choice for Europe and I'm sure you might want to try them in Scotland too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy