Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy Tarentaise?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's a shame stevomcds' place only has off piste weeks for boarders.

I wouldn't mind taking the kids there though.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mooney058, SnoCool also do kids' group lessons in Sainte Foy. They're pricier than ESF, but all the instructors are very good. Sainte Foy ESF are good too, but do have the usual collection of ESF numpties around as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc, we can do off-piste weeks for skiers too, if you have your own group.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevomcd wrote:
Mosha Marc, we can do off-piste weeks for skiers too, if you have your own group.

How big a group would you need? Would a family of 5 be sufficient or would we need to find a few friends?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am trying St Foy for the first time over NewYear with a mixed ability group. I must admit if we are lucky enough get good early season conditions I am really looking forward to it.

It seems to tick all the boxes in that the more timid skiers can ski safe intermediate pistes that funnel down to a central meeting area. I can dib off for an hour or two with the kids and do some more challenging stuff Very Happy but knowing that we are never too far from the group.

This will be perfect as larger mega resorts are also on the doorstep for a day out or two.

I would recommend ski4funtransfers as they do give a little discount for Snowheads and they were very very competitive geneva - tarentaise compared to other transfer companies I tried. We are travelling on a Sunday so hopefully the transfer won't take too long ?

Any recommendations for ski hire/lockers?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stefoy4me wrote:
mooney.....Claire Hauret is a good instructor at the ESF, very good with children.

Thanks for the tip - will ask for Claire during booking. Did you have first hand experience with her teaching you or your kids? My daugther is much more receptive towards female instructors (must be a consequence of having a strict father Smile ). For my son it is more the fun element (though he needs to improve and learn new technique) he is enjoying going on all the bumps and going outside the ski run for an 'off-piste'. Smile It is just a pity that for advance booking you need to book private classes for the whole week. My initial idea was to take 2-3 days where children ski with different instructors at the same time, thus giving me some time to ski on my own or actualy book an off-piste lesson ... now it looks like that children will be alternating with Claire (or another instructor, depending on confirmation) and I will be skiing with the one who does not have lesson that day. Of course booking two separate private instructors is possibility, but that does not fit within my budget.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonny Jones, we could do a bespoke off-piste week for a group of 5, no problem. Email me to chat about it - stevo at whiteroomchalet.com
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mooney...yes she has taught both my kids from age 3.......they love her.

as others have mentioned snocool is also very good......Patrick there is Claire's other half and he is highly recommended.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mooney..if you are going to have an off piste.......defo go for Patrick from Snocool...i did likewise last year...it was fantastic.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would love off-piste for myself, but need to book kids first and then I could leave my daugther for half a day to ski alone while I will be discovering the unwknown off-piste world ...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevomcd, email sent.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny Jones, YGM! For everyone's info, we can do bespoke off-piste weeks at around the same price as our backcountry snowboard weeks based on a group of 5. More/less people makes it less/more expensive! 6 is usually the maximum number for an off-piste group.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Slight digression:

mooney058 wrote:
I was shocked to see an elderly ESF male instructor (this Feb in Les Menuires) completely ignoring his group of small first timers 4-5 years old, some fell and the instructor was simply waiting for the kids to get up, which they were not able to do on their own - I actualy skied up and helped them as the elderly instructor was simply watching from 10 m down bellow the piste.

If you always help a small child to get up, how will they learn to get up by themselves?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing wrote:
Slight digression:

mooney058 wrote:
I was shocked to see an elderly ESF male instructor (this Feb in Les Menuires) completely ignoring his group of small first timers 4-5 years old, some fell and the instructor was simply waiting for the kids to get up, which they were not able to do on their own - I actualy skied up and helped them as the elderly instructor was simply watching from 10 m down bellow the piste.

If you always help a small child to get up, how will they learn to get up by themselves?

fair point, but the alternative was to leave the 3 small children on the snow for the whole duration of their skiing session ... it was obvious the children were not able to stood-up on their own - skis facing downfill, crossed legs. For the little ones it is supposed to be fun first of all, isn't it? On the other hand, also during the same week of skiing, a couple of young ESF instructors doing brilianly with the little ones - teaching and showing of how to get up after falling, encouraging etc.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fun? Skiing = fun? Are you sure?

(only kidding)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy