Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

beyond name calling

Poster: A snowHead
This is a formal request for the deleted thread " Ski Club Poll - How do you book your holidays?" be restored and locked to enable the content to be referenced.

And for no action, editing, or amendment be undertaken by any member of this forum or site.

John B (Masque)

All personal details are logged with the site administrator.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Em, in the title it says it's deleted. But in Kramer's text it says "moved to another place". So what is the reality?

I did read the beginning and it was quite innocuous. I'm with Masque here. Let's read it please.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry guys, not until I've had a chance to discuss it with the other mods, and even then maybe not. It was in contravention of snowHeads T&Cs, and there was no way of editing out the offending posts whilst leaving the thread to make sense.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, this is very ugly and not for general comment (no offence to you intended). I expect a PM from a mod in the very near furure (hint)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Certain forums are only visible to admins and moderators Maggi. It ws getting a bit fraught, and although I understand Masque's wish to record comments made administrators of a web forum have to ensure posts conform to T&Cs, in this case they clearly did not. Leaving them in public view could expose the administrators to action themselves. It's a difficult dilemma to resolve.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[copied PM to Tim Brown]

Please would you PM me with your home address, as I wish to authenticate your identity at the Ski Club. Apparently there are several Tim Browns on the database.

Two comments which you made on the deleted thread were clearly libellous towards me. (Masque must take his own opinion about the remarks made about him) but I do not intend to take legal action.

It is, however, time now to authenticate your identity.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 15-04-15 12:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, you're not getting any of my personal details. If you want my address you'll have to force the SCGB to disclose it through the courts. Sorry to be so robust with you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tim Brown. You claim to be a SCGB member. Please would you state your SCGB membership number, by all means to me by PM if you wish.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suggest communication be conducted behind the public part of this forum. I trust that the comments in both threads have been preserved.

Thank you gentlemen. John B
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[no response]

OK, let me try another one (surely this can't be a state secret):

Tim Brown, how long have you been a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, wholly off-topic - but what does the signature mean (and am I going to regret asking) Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick Zotov, Wot am I . . . your latin Mater? The journey may be more important than the destination . . keep walking

as for the above mess, this is what's been communicated to the mods:

"Ok you're in a horrendous position, all I'm asking is for the thread to be retained in its entirety so that should it be necessary it can be accessed by request to the site administrator.

There are limits to what even I can accept as abuse within a public forum that has a posted etiquette. JWAZ is different.

I welcome any Mod's deliberations as to my posting, and if the consensus is that I provoked Tim Brown's extraordinary response then I will make a public statement in reflection of that, apologise and withdraw from further action.

Otherwise I will be taking the matter to formal adjudication.

Please pass this on to Tim Brown through your internal channels and inform him that the clock is ticking and that as far as I am concerned, all resources available to me will be used to drag his (and his connection to the SCGB) sorry backside into Court.

Also inform him that once angered in this manner, I do NOT lapse back to indiference.

John Bxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're in the crapper I know . . .but it's a learning experience "
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Would it not be possible to put back what was posted up to around 18:00 tonight which was a straight forward discussion about the relative merits of internet Polls.
What went on after that can remain private if neccesary, although a positive outcome could be to restrict the use of multiple pseudoynms.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tim Brown seems to have gone to bed.

I was going to ask him how well he knows the skiing in Whistler (just idle curiosity)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back from a week away. Have I missed much?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Boogerall!
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, No, Just the usual wink

Until to-night Shocked
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, I would venture a guess that Tim Brown is the same Tim Brown who called you an idiot over on the SCGB forum this evening. In your thread on the future of ski-repping, if you haven't seen it.
ski holidays
Masque, Ooo. Thanks. I now know a little more than the little I knew before.
latest report
Alastair wrote:
David Goldsmith, I would venture a guess that Tim Brown is the same Tim Brown who called you an idiot over on the SCGB forum this evening. In your thread on the future of ski-repping, if you haven't seen it.

Brown is a fairly common name though, there could be hundreds of Tim Browns who think David Goldsmith is an idiot Little Angel
snow conditions
Thanks, ise.

Do you do wedding speeches?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy