Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Villa, Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at possibly booking here on 8th March - just wondering if there have been any changes, improvement on the food front maybe?, that could entice us to try this chalet hotel out.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dippdydoodogg, we stayed at the Al Pigher in 2012, it's first year as an Inghams chalet hotel. It's location is about a 5 minute walk uphill to the lifts, our children moaned every morning! Otherwise the hotel is modern and rooms are comfortable. La Villa is a great place to stay if you have anyone who is a raw beginner as the learner pistes are near and very easy. If you want to ski the Sella Ronda it is less convenient (but not impossible) as it takes about 3/4 hour to get onto the circuit. Only gripes about the hotel were that we had an awful chef and food was grim. One choice of cake only at tea time and it was always a variation of the same cake! They also had had the winter vomiting virus at the hotel and many people went down with it in our week, luckily not us! But hopefully that was a one-off and not a problem this year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had a super week at Al Pigher in Jan. first time there and first time in La Villa. The hotel was great. Food was excellent and lots of good wine yes it's French and would have preferred Italian but it was very plentiful and we enjoyed. The hotel is managed and run by a new team who are very enthusiastic and could not have been more friendly and helpful. It was our first experience of this type of holiday and we wer impressed with it. I would say the food was more European than local to the area but it was tasty and suited us well as perhaps a bit lighter than what we are used to. You can indulge in the more hearty dishes over lunch on the slopes !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for your replies - reports elsewhere ( TripAdvisor ) have been more positive about the management team this year and the standards of food. Looks like we will be trying to book tomorrow snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked! 8th March for a week and even got flights from Southampton snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CP wrote:
Booked! 8th March for a week and even got flights from Southampton snowHead

And now I can't go 8^(

A 12 month contract job came up on Friday and I got it! Only problem is it requires an immediate start or there is somebody else sitting in the wings waiting to fill it. No real financial loss as I have an unplanned weeks additional work. Still a bummer though!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apologies for resurrecting this rather old thread.

Staying in Gran Risa Hotel in La Villa at Feb half term after skiing through on way to Santa Croce on last birthday bash and thinking it would be perfect location for a family stay.

Hotel is opposite the Piz La gondola so pretty much ideal for us (hate walking with skis) but am trying to find nearest ski rental.

Ski school has their own place not far away but ski renato says on their website that they have a shop in the gondola station itself.

I have emailed them twice but no answer (I will ask the hotel too) but do any Snowheads know if the shop exists?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sheffskibod, yes am pretty sure there is one just there at the edge of the car park even if it is not the base station itself.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sheffski -- seems so

https://www.altabadia.org/en/info/ski-service-costa-renato-ii.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for answers , will try emailing them again ...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy