Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resurfacing the top sheet of a ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of skis that my daughter wants to paint white as the graphics are not to her liking and wondered if anyone had ever done anything like this or if you had any tips on what type of paint to use etc?

I know it is a little strange but i have a teenage daughter.......and i do what i'm told!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I resprayed a substantial portion of my old snowboard which was originally an off beige/grey, and it held up fine. Used Plasti-kote stuff for plastics. If the surface of the ski is very smooth you may need to key it before spraying (gently rough up the surface with fine sandpaper). Couple of coats and you'll have a pair of snow-whites planks. Tape up anything you DONT want painted of course, and remove the bindings if you can. Usual spraying rules apply, multiple thin coats builds up a better finish, never start and end the paint stroke on the thing your painting etc etc etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Goona be fun finding them in a drift Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh yeah, and a clear coat of clear acrylic at the end will protect your paintwork from day to day dings and scratches.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could always get some white helicopter tape and use that if it's wide enough to cover the ski. Either that, or contact a firm who do vehicle wraps and see if they could do it for you with the plastic they use.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Could you not use heat shrink, self adhesive plastic / mylar film?

A hobby / RC model shop should have a selection of colors and gages, it's often used to cover model airplan wings, etc.

Or order from sombody like this http://www.snowgrafix.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy