Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Presena Glacier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Passo Tonale in January but was wondering what the ski-ing is like there in the summer. Does anyone have any photos to share?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, go to www.adamello.com for details. I've skied in Tonale but it was years ago and very quiet then. I'm certain there's summer skiing because Tonale was where Gustav Thoni came from and he was Tomba's trainer, so a lot of the Italian skiers race training took place on the Presena, or so I was told. It's a very historic area, used to be Austrian and was the scene of some huge battles in WW1.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dont know about summer skiing but we had a good weekend in Passo Tonale last Feb. As one of the party was a beginner we didnt actually make it to the glacier side of the valley.

We stayed in a hotel situated the lift station in the middle of town. I'd recommend the runs on the extreme right hand side of the piste map as you look at it. Nice long cruisey reds and blues with a great food stop half way down...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roger C,

Welcome to Snowheads. I skied Tonale in 2002, but there was a severe snow drought. We did manage to ski the Presena, but it was extremely icy. Wanted to go back as we found the locals very welcoming and thought there'd be some interesting terrain to cover when conditions are good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy