Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niederau 1 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, just got my reservation confirmation through as a helper for Niederau 1 next year (21/01 to 28/01 2012) Very Happy . Anybody else on here going? I can't wait snowHead . I've been to Niederau before and its really good for beginners. My wife learnt to ski there having never even tried skis on before and by the end of the week she was flying along. The accomodation is really good too. Anyway if you're going, reply on here and we can all get excited together.
SYOTS
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jenson163,

Not sure which trip I'll be on this year, but I went on the DSUK trip to Niederau last year and were spoiled by lots and lots of powder!!

Very jealous you're heading there, can't wait to hear which trip I'll be skiing with this time.

C Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went last year as my first ever ski trip, had an amazing time. Off to Tux this year with the British team. What a difference a year can make[/img]
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone else coming on this trip? All paid up now. Can't wait. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello guys and Girls,

I am thinking about booking on to this trip. I have mild cerebral palsy (walk unaided, ski with adaptive equipment) I am wonder what are these trip like? How much skiing can we do? Could I get the first left up in the morning if I wish to do so. What's the social life like?

Cheers

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 29-12-11 0:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Pete,

The trips are usually divided into evening/afternoon sessions (i.e. those who ski in the morning can do activities in the afternoon and vice versa), although some skiers can ski both morning and afternoon if the instructor:helper:skier ratio allows.

Skiing is usually from around 9.00/9.30am until lunchtime (around 1ish). The instructor team does a reccy each morning before meeting the group to see what snow conditions etc. are like on the mountain.

If you wanted to get the first lift up in the morning this would have to be negotiated with the lead instructor and party leader.

On the social side, there are activities every evening either on- of off-site depending on what members of the group would like to do. Some just like to chill at the hotel bar, whilst others venture into town to explore.. there should be something to suit everyone, and if not suggestions are always welcome Very Happy

Hope that all helps!

Charlie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The trip is run by the lead instructor
I was worried last year that the lessons would be to suit the weakest person but that wasnt the case. They tell you which instructor you are skiing with the night before and any helpers etc. In the morning in Neideral they run the minibus from the hotel to the lift station as the road is slippy (although i did wheel it on more than one morning).
They guarentee you i think 5 half day lessons with an instructor. I did fine because my week wasnt full and also there were many people without the fittness to stay out all day so I got to ski all day every day. The plan was we were supposed to meet for lunch but as the week went on my instructor was happy to stay up top if I brought lunch, as the cable car wasted lots of time and was effort.

Neideral is excellent for baby slopes right at the bottom, there is then a huge jump, the blue run is probally the most scared i have been in my life. There was also 2 red runs for that area. The rest of the main reds and blacks were along the road. I dont know how this would work with transport, if you are able to get the shuttle bus I dont think there would be a problem. (harder in a sitski)

In the evenings we all sat around in the hotel mainly. Being Austria it took ages and ages to get through dinner. There was a quiz organised one night and a few games about but mainly we chatted and then went to bed, I also got to straighten my instructors hair but I dont think this was an organised activity. You are free to go into town if you want to.

I liked the fact that I got treated like an adult and had lessons appropiate to my ability. I'm not going back this year as i am out in Austria at the moment and then france in Jan and back here April.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello guys and girls,

I have decided to book onto this trip.. excited cannot wait hope there is good snow!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski100, I hope there is plenty of good snow too, should be a really good trip. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone else on here going? I see there are a few spaces left for La Plagne so maybe Niederau 1 is all booked up now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy