Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone done their BASI 2 in Courchevel?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done their B2 in Courchevel?

Which pistes did you use for Moguls ? Where did you do the steeps?

ta

Simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did my IASI level 2 in Courchevel. I've no idea where we did what as the only day it didn't snow so much you couldn't see a thing was the day it rained so much you couldn't see a thing. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ccl wrote:
I did my IASI level 2 in Courchevel. I've no idea where we did what as the only day it didn't snow so much you couldn't see a thing was the day it rained so much you couldn't see a thing. rolling eyes

Ops! Nightmare!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It depends on your trainer and the conditions at the time but for L2 you'll not be expected to ski big bumps.

There are usually some excellent training/introductory bumps on the rhs of the blue runs from saulire down towards meribel. Can't remember the piste name(s) but I spent many hours training on them in late March last year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scooby_simon, i did mine a few years ago there and we mainly did our video bumps on Meribel Bosses on Plan de L'homme chair by memory... steeps off of vizelle, piste M, combe pylon ? and coulior belgues which i think is now off piste and not marked and the grand couloir short radius exam run was skiers left side of marquettey (remember it well as a few mates flunked on the last day there) and we did lots of shorts on chenus, longs on the biollay blue IIRC....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
scooby_simon,

Doesn't really matter what pistes they use. To pass at this level you are expected to be able to adapt your skiing to suit any terrain and conditions.

Thus it could be an easy blue in perfect conditions to the same run but with sheet ice.

Remember snow conditions change not just from year to year but from top to bottom or during different parts of the day.

You will be expected to show you have the technical ability to cope with all.

My friend last year was in Courchevel and didn't even do any bumps or variables as conditions didn't allow them too.

Just go and enjoy and ski where ever the trainer takes you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Super Eagle wrote:
scooby_simon,

Doesn't really matter what pistes they use. To pass at this level you are expected to be able to adapt your skiing to suit any terrain and conditions.

Thus it could be an easy blue in perfect conditions to the same run but with sheet ice.

Remember snow conditions change not just from year to year but from top to bottom or during different parts of the day.

You will be expected to show you have the technical ability to cope with all.

My friend last year was in Courchevel and didn't even do any bumps or variables as conditions didn't allow them too.

Just go and enjoy and ski where ever the trainer takes you.

Yep; understand that; was just wondering where we might go. really looking forward to it, 2 weeks with a highly qualified trainer in one of the best areas in the alps; what's not to look forward to?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scooby_simon
Quote:

2 weeks with a highly qualified trainer in one of the best areas in the alps; what's not to look forward to?

Best attitude to take. Just treat it as being in Ski School for 2 weeks and know that you will be skiing better after the course than when you started it. If you happen to be successful as well then take that as a bonus but if you're not at least you have an action plan and know what you have to work on during the winter before you resit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agree with Super Eagle Doesn't really matter what pistes they use. To pass at this level you are expected to be able to adapt your skiing to suit any terrain and conditions. Ski quickly and also the ability to do good demonstrations- if you are able to do lots of lessons: beginner, intermediate and private lessons before you go so your teaching is bang on (I assume you work somewhere) you will be able to concentrate on what will enable you to pass the tech if you need to improve.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic wrote:
Agree with Super Eagle Doesn't really matter what pistes they use. To pass at this level you are expected to be able to adapt your skiing to suit any terrain and conditions. Ski quickly and also the ability to do good demonstrations- if you are able to do lots of lessons: beginner, intermediate and private lessons before you go so your teaching is bang on (I assume you work somewhere) you will be able to concentrate on what will enable you to pass the tech if you need to improve.

I've about 2500 hrs teaching, total beginners all the way to race training! Not worried about the teaching. Just wanted an idea of where we might be going as I know the area fairly well....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry had not read your biline, you must be the replacement for my old ISIA mate Andy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cynic wrote:
Sorry had not read your biline, you must be the replacement for my old ISIA mate Andy

I was the replacement for his replacement. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Passed.... Difficult 2 weeks virtually no snow first week and then snow like crazy for the second week....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scooby_simon, congratulations!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Rob; Maybe see you in the fridge next week. Currently have a little bit of a back issue; but will be there Monday afternoon Happy
ski holidays
Sorry mate, will be enjoying the snow in Les Arcs until the New Year. Tough 2nd week for you (we were in Meribel at the same time). Did you have Les as your Trainer? I saw him post a few photos of the L2 course on Facebook.
snow report
It was an interesting 2nd week!!! Trying to do CT in gale force blizzard! Nope I had Jason Gibson who did a fantastic job in very difficult conditions.
ski holidays
scooby_simon, Congratulations Very Happy
ski holidays
scooby_simon, well done!
ski holidays
Spyderman, beanie1,

Thanks. Back to teaching on Monday at The Snow Centre Happy
latest report
scooby_simon, nice one!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy