Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Working in Europe with CSIA level 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got my CSIA L2 a couple of years back and I'd like to actually start using it this winter. What's the best way to go about finding places that might hire me?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
randominality, Companies like Interski employ L2s part time. If you're looking to do a full season you could try ski schools in Switzerland and Austria, although without much experience you may not get work outside of busy times.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the past on plastic one had to take club instructor exam with CSIA 2 to register with ESC for personal indemnity insurance or BASI L1 to work on artificial or indoors, it might have changed? CSIA 3 is equal to BASI 2 wanting to move over to BASI.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic, I wouldn't say CSIA 3 is equal to BASI 2. If you hold CSIA 3 you would start with BASI 2, as BASI requires people switching systems to go back one level.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In my experience, CSIA Level 2 is very positively received by ski schools in Austria. It is an ideal qualification for teaching their main client base, which is beginners and intermediates. Obviously, the more experience you have, and the greater your range of languages, the more work you are likely to get. Personality, flexibility, reliability and maturity will also help your cause.

The best way to go about getting a job is to look at the Tourist Office website for a resort you fancy and search for the list of ski schools. From there, look for schools that are advertising for staff on their websites, or just ring them up and chat. There is almost always a need for instructors at Christmas/New Year and mid-Feb if you just want a couple of weeks. For a season position, you may get a few weeks off during the quieter periods, but you'll have a bed and a lift pass so you can go skiing instead.

Which resort? St Anton is hugely popular and has a very large ski school - but competition for jobs is likely to be greater. You could look at the Tour Ops websites for clues - 'in Xdorf we work with Schischule NN' or pick a resort that attracts UK school groups (look at PGL or Equity to see where they operate). Or just pick a resort (over 1200m) and go for it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="beanie1"][b]Cynic[/b], I wouldn't say CSIA 3 is equal to BASI 2. If you hold CSIA 3 you would start with BASI 2, as BASI requires people switching systems to go back one level.[/quote]

Yes you have agreed with my suggestion CSIA 3 is equal to BASI 2 neither qualifying for ISIA that needing BASI 3 or CSIA 4
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic, sorry no I haven't agreed - all I've said is that BASI makes people from all other systems start one level lower when switching systems. So for example someone with NZSIA3 (which i think does have ISIA) would start with BASI 2. I know that there are varying opinions on how CSIA 2 and BASI 2 compare, but I don't have the experience to have one.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was stating the fact of position of BASI as in your passage, not the equivalence of the instructor although my phrasing was not precise you are correct.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy