Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES SNOW REPORT 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
dredgey, Be excited! You're going skiing snowHead Where are you staying by the way? I've a feeling it's Soldeu from a previous post but can't be ars*d looking it up.
I'm up for a meet if you like. I'm a 57yr old kid and my mate is a 41yr old squirt. Laughing
Have you been before? If so you will know the big cafe/restaurant at the top of the Funicamp. That's very central for a meet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was very mild today though the sky was a milky blue rather than the clear blue of the last two weeks. Looking at the forecasts the general opinion is that there will be a mix of light snow and rain tomorrow with a few days of milder weather and hopefully snow on the 24th and 26th, but as ever too far out to tell.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&lat=42.47&lon=0.35.46
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Out skiing today at Baqueira and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the snow. Obviously there were scraped, icy patches in the shady areas but all over the rest of the hill it softened up just enough in the sun to enjoy. Considering the length of time since the last fresh snow it was pretty good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B wrote:
dredgey, Be excited! You're going skiing snowHead Where are you staying by the way? I've a feeling it's Soldeu from a previous post but can't be ars*d looking it up.
I'm up for a meet if you like. I'm a 57yr old kid and my mate is a 41yr old squirt. Laughing
Have you been before? If so you will know the big cafe/restaurant at the top of the Funicamp. That's very central for a meet.

Oh don't get me wrong, I cannot wait! I always seem to get 'snow paranioa' before I go for some reason. Puzzled I'm staying in a complex apartment on the edge of La Mongie, could be good to meet up (I'm a young'n at 34yrs and I'll be with my 70yr old Dad - although you wouldn't know he's 70!) - where are you staying then? First time to the Pyrenees for me so its all new.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think I've just twigged that you're staying over in Andorra which is a different part of the Pyrenees to me?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dredgey, Yes. Never mind. Have a good one. By the way it's looking very cold while we are there according to Netweather. Windchill at the top of Pas is predicted at -29c. My mate has always had warmish weather. He'll die. Shocked , 'cos he only weighs 8.5 stones. Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking at the webcams there was a very light dusting last night...got to help hey!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paulames, Was just about to post the same info. It's a start. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No worries Michael B, nice idea none the less. Sounds like your mate is going to need an extra set of thermals!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a bit happier after looking at snow-forecast for later next week showing a large dump around Tourmalet. Hopefully it'll be the beginning of a change snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Light rain this morning, though snowing on the higher slopes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Andorra web cams seem to show rain in the east too. Even rain over Envalira and the approaches to Pas.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ignatius wrote:
I'm a bit happier after looking at snow-forecast for later next week showing a large dump around Tourmalet. Hopefully it'll be the beginning of a change snowHead

I second that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought you were out this weekend Dredgey? If so, you may get a couple of snowy days at the end. An even longer range forecast is showing snow from end of Jan onwards....and then we can go no further. Let me know what La Mongie is like as it's the first time for me and I'm taking the family for a long weekend...four nights and three days skiing (they're beginners). We're staying down the valley near Campan. It's ironic as every year I've looked at the snowfall in Tourmalet and thought how consistent it was. Still, there should be enough open to keep you occupied Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ignatius, I'm not out there until next weekend (28th) and staying for two weeks. Hopefully that should tie in quite well with the snow, fingers crossed! When are you out there? I think there is wi-fi where we are staying so I should be able to keep an update on the conditions. My Dad was out there last last seaon and he said the snow was fantastic!
snow report
Lucky you, as I think the snow Gods may be smiling on you although I'm loathe to trust long range forecasts. It looks like you'll time it just right. We arrive on Thursday, Feb 9 and will ski the Friday, Saturday and Sunday before departing on the Monday so I may see you on the Friday!!!!! By all means try and check in early in the second week snowHead
ski holidays
snow from the end of jan?? I'll take that. Many out on the 29th in Soldeu?
snow report
It seems that it will start to snowing at the 26th in the western Pyrenees and from the 27th over all Pyrenees and that from 1000m level Very Happy
snow conditions
Yes, I think the weather pattern will change finally for de Pyrenees on 26-27. Fingers crossed.
snow conditions
metalhead132, I see that you are located in Manresa, not so far to Masella, I had a real good week there for a couple of year ago Very Happy
ski holidays
freeheelskier,

Yes just 1hour by car!
Now Masella have only produced snow! Really dry and warm winter here at this moment.
snow conditions
metalhead132, I hope so!! Any evidence or just a hunch?
ski holidays
Weather maps are saying that all will change in a week. I hope that these maps are correct.
snow report
Ignatius wrote:
Lucky you, as I think the snow Gods may be smiling on you although I'm loathe to trust long range forecasts. It looks like you'll time it just right. We arrive on Thursday, Feb 9 and will ski the Friday, Saturday and Sunday before departing on the Monday so I may see you on the Friday!!!!! By all means try and check in early in the second week snowHead

Certainly can't wait - a week today I'll be en route! It'll be nice if the slopes are topped up in time for the both of us. Hope you have a great time with the rest of your gang- the slopes look totally empty judging from the webcams so its all looking very promising!
snow conditions
La Mongie yesterday, 20th Jan

Tiny bit of fresh above about 1900 - enough to cover the bottom of me boots and be very, very flattering!! Snowed all morning but alas, raining down at Tournaboup 1450. But in general the pistes were in much better condition and even the between pistes was do-able for those with a good memory for rocks. Or old skis...

And the place was still empty. Official website was reporting the last snow fall as 2nd Jan and the depths after Fridays snow as 5cm less than they were reprting on Thursday which I couldn't quite fathom.

Stella
snow report
Looks pretty quiet until the end of the week now (Friday/Saturday) when some fresh should fall and then quiet again. I'll take it as it is now, a few light falls and sunshine as I really don't think a mega dump is coming.
snow conditions
All the links are still open in Grandvalira so that is good. Also the slopes still look absolutely empty. If there is some snow towards the end of the week and into the beginning of next I'll be chuffed to bits. Off on Sunday. Cant wait. snowHead
snow report
Michael B
Let me know what it's like. We're off the following week.

High possibility of snow on 27th, some Wed Thu Fri the week you are away.

Fingers crossed for you, have a good one. Save some snow for us. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bruisedskier, I'll post here after testing the area. I'm pretty sure it's going to be fine. Obviously piste skiing but that's what I do anyway. looking forward to going over from Pas to the Soldeu area. Some great runs there.
snow report
Michael B, My son is in Pas as we speak.Sunny so far this week,and a bit windy at times.Locally talking of light snow Thurs/Fri...possibly?Piste skiing has been fine wherever they've been,but,as him and his mates are all Park rats,the piste tends to be just a means to an end wink
snow conditions
Looking good for this Friday for maybe 10cm of fresh in La Mongie and then again next Tuesday/Wednesday for another 10, but long range shows a few light dumps up until Wednesday the 8th which is as far as it predicts. Guess who flies out on the 9th? snowHead
latest report
Here it comes!Very Happy Toofy Grin

Meteo France and TWC agree on snow fall from tonight (Thursday 26/1) through to Sunday with a slight pause tomorrow pm. It is going to be cold, with max of -6 on Sunday and a freezing level down to us at 300m.

I think we may be up a few times this weekend, assuming we can get out of our village! Crying or Very sad
latest report
Stella, Hoping you are correct on this. Radar seems to say quite a lot of snow but snow-forecast and netweather not showing that much. Watching the webcams like a hawk today. snowHead
latest report
Michael B this might make you feel a bit better.

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/gfs/precipitations/96h.htm

Netweather seems to show quite a lot of snow !?!?!? (remember 1mm precipitation is 1 cm snow.) So look again.
snow conditions
I'm off tomorrow and I'm liking this:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Bareges/6day/top
snow report
Michael B You may be right.

Up at Tourmalet this afternoon. Snowing. A bit. Maybe 50mm max. Ice underneath. But still coming down when we left. A bit.

Forecast for this week is (as of TV ten mins ago) is now snow Sat pm and Sun down to 300m (ie on my cabbages) a bit of sun on Mon/Tues and then more snow Weds & Thurs. Ummmm.

dredgey, Have a good one - we won't be up again until later on Monday so keep us updated. I no longer trust the offical website as today was described as ensoleille. Puzzled Not quite sure where...
latest report
Light snow falling throughout the day in the central Pyrenees, with probably a few cms more the further west you go. At the moment the pistes are running extremely well and are empty. We still have no sign of a major dump of any sort however with plunging temperatures (almost -30 with wind chill next week) any new snow will stay. Not enough to give us any decent off piste but it may permit a few new additional pistes to open and will significantly improve those that already are.

Even though there has not been any new snow until today since the 3rd of January, Baqueira and Peyragudes have the majority of their domains open and are skiing well. Superbagneres is limited to about 50%, but the pistes are in excellent condition and may well see more opening next week.

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Looks like a dusting of a few cms last night. Radar showing more snow coming tonight and for most of tomorrow. Laughing Even though I am travelling there tomorrow I'm still hoping for a good few cms to fall before I get there. Leaving IOM in 2 hours so signing off for now. Will report onsite. Laughing
ski holidays
It's snowing!!!! Finally, in the central/Eastern area including Andorra, we're getting some snowfall after 5 or so weeks of sun and blue skies. The forecasts are saying that it's going to continue through the night and all day tomorrow. And there we were, thinking it would never snow again wink.

(Amazing how well the snow was preserved in Baqueira during the past weeks; snow everywhere, with the off-piste very usable from time to time.)

Monday's going to be class....bring it on!
ski holidays
Pyremaniac wrote:
It's snowing!!!! Finally, in the central/Eastern area including Andorra, we're getting some snowfall after 5 or so weeks of sun and blue skies. The forecasts are saying that it's going to continue through the night and all day tomorrow. And there we were, thinking it would never snow again wink.

(Amazing how well the snow was preserved in Baqueira during the past weeks; snow everywhere, with the off-piste very usable from time to time.)

Monday's going to be class....bring it on!

There is a meteo warning of snow down to sea level across the central Pyrenees. Not sure how to take it because some of the models are saying only small levels however in the last two hours alone there must be almost 5cm at 600m and certainly more on the slopes. Very nice after yesterdays snow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy