Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another recommend me skis post...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

New on here and looking for some suggestions on new skis.

Having done a couple of seasons on entry level touring skis (on piste, off piste, touring) I upgraded to some K2 Waybacks with dynafit for touring at the end of last winter. They're great for touring / ski mountaineering but I'm looking for something a bit heavier duty for on piste and lift accessed off piste.

I mostly ski off piste in Scotland but will do a couple of foreign trips a season where I'll do a mixture of off and on. I'm not a total speed freak but I do like to ski steeps. What ever I get I'll probably put Dukes or Barons on to maintain some flexibility.

My feeling is that I don't need a full on powder ski and I want something that is a bit of a compromise in terms of nimble-ish on piste and decent-ish float off. What I really want is something that is good in the crappy conditions I often seem to find myself in i.e. Crud, ice, crust.

I'm fairly bewildered by the level of choice so any suggestions are greatfully recieved.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
K2 Sidestash, mate
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You're not the first to say Sidestash to me. I take it you've got some yourself. Do they grip well enough and are they ok on groomers? I had been considering the Hardside but wasn't sure it was sufficiently different to my Waybacks to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the input.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hardside is nice too, slightly different structure and a bit narrower, lighter so the OP suggested Sidestash, fantastic ski, good weight. I did repair a hell of alot of them last year, but given it's popularity out here and the way people use their kit, it doesn't worry me too much, otherwise try the Pro Rider 2011/12 from Dynastar.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.dynastar.com/FR/FR/legend-pro-rider-105_DA1R101_product_dynastar-skis-men-freeski.html

Bombproof and available in Fag Rainbow a la Auré.

http://www.dynastar.com/FR/FR/promodel-a_-ducroz_DA1R102_product_dynastar-skis-men-freeski.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yip - K2 Sidestash is a great ski.
K2 Hardside might be more suitable depending on your alpine / scottish ski day ratio.
Several people were using both skis last winter - good deals on Conrad with marker.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I take it the Hardside is likely to be better on hard snow and Sidestash on soft and so the Hardside is a better choice for scotland? Great deals from Conrad like you say.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Planks Constant, There is a new ski from Movement for this season called the Trust, similar to the Sidetash in some ways, in that its rocker tip and flat tail.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
I take it the Hardside is likely to be better on hard snow and Sidestash on soft and so the Hardside is a better choice for scotland? Great deals from Conrad like you say.

Yip - I know several people that were using both last winter.
Hardside is perhaps more suited to Scottish conditions.
Sidestash perhaps more suited to the alps (but still very good on hard snow).
K2 have really nailed the concept of ''rocker being not just for powder''.
Wrote a wee review last winter over on the tgr forums.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/211222-K2-Sidestash-lt-Review-gt?s=39b71fe1773e2295d996e6ce6dcca2dc

Movement Trust / Source / Sluff, Volkl Mantra / Gotama, Dynastar Legend 105 would be other skis worth looking at.

Doug.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just ordered some Hardsides with Marker Barons from Conrad.

Eeek. I now have a quiver!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great all-round ski for mix of Scotland / Alps.
Post a review once you have had a few days on them Blush
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will do. Although I've only skied 2 other pairs of skis so it might not be much use.

Cheers for all the advice. Just need some snow now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy