Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Couloir entry I've seen!!!

Poster: A snowHead
It's yet another Corbett's drop in... but with way more style Cool

3.20 mins in - so near the end.

http://youtube.com/v/ZBOOmjrup5w
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nice, I really thought the snowboarder was going to fall in backwards Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not much sodding about there
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocked

(in case you don't know, the normal way in you have to turn quickly or hit a rock wall. I'm told it varies in difficulty depending on amount of snow etc. I suppose it might be easiest with new snow to slow you?)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its not all that difficult. the biggest problem is in high season waiting your turn(folks who done a yard sale & have to recover there gear)!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks difficult enough.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Its not all that difficult.

Not exactly a sideslip entrance is it!

I may be imagining this but I'm sure I've seen a similar video, where everyone is pissing around then from off screen someone appears and front flips (or back flips) into Corbet's.
A bit like the picture of the Gavin MacKay back flipping into Easy Gully http://www.flickr.com/photos/freeskiing/4500991198/

Did I dream this video or is it real? A quick google has come up blank

Of course stanton if the standard entry isn't too taxing why not make it more interesting and a get a friend to video Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's lots of videos of McConkey backflipping into stuff like it, don't think it's Corbetts though. I assume something at Squaw (Corbetts is JH right?).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reminds me of this

clarky999, Palisades I think, watch Gnar.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alans deep bath wrote:
Reminds me of this

clarky999, Palisades I think, watch Gnar.

Aemm yeah that's why i put a link up to the photo.

Any way always good to see some more home grown stoke, better than debating it in the news section Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok Ok... I've now seen something better than the one I posted....

stoke!!!!!

NUTS!

me like Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
it reminds me a bit (the original video) of all the boys who used to stand around for hours on the 10m diving board at the Empire Pool in Cardiff. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thats an incredible photo, i love a bit of lime green! set it as my background.

cool vid too
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
betterinblack, didn't see that Embarassed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:
Its not all that difficult.

Depends on the size of the cornice, how icy and rutted it is etc

Certainly harder than Easy Gully when I was there . I didn't see anyone do it, let alone there being a queue, and I didn't do it either. But I did Easy Gully twice last year on the Snowheads Scottish bash weekend and hope I'll do it again on the repeat in 2012). But I suppose Easy Gully is the Scottish Corbetts (if you restrict yourself to lift served runs).

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 8-10-11 19:46; edited 3 times in total
snow report
betterinblack wrote:
if the standard entry isn't too taxing why not make it more interesting and a get a friend to video Smile

Video were not that common in the early 80's. Still nothing has changed over the last years, its not big deal.

There are 200+ jumps off's like that in Arlberg with none of the safety tourist bul --lsh it Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
stanton wrote:
betterinblack wrote:
if the standard entry isn't too taxing why not make it more interesting and a get a friend to video Smile

Video were not that common in the early 80's. Still nothing has changed over the last years, its not big deal.

There are 200+ jumps off's like that in Arlberg with none of the safety tourist bul --lsh it Very Happy Very Happy

What with the preponderance of video cameras these days, feel free to post some stoke of you mashing down a colouir with a gnarly entrance.
ski holidays
Not the most elegant skiing one has witnessed, is it?
ski holidays
under a new name, for an entrance like that, survival is elegant, in my book.
snow report

Perfectly synchronised freestyle quadruplets. Awesomes. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
achilles, +1
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
, its not big deal.

Nobody was doing it the week I was there and it was icy (well, someone told me they saw someone from the cable car - he was clearly grandstanding). I think it depends a bit on time of year and conditions. I've seen some films taken of a SCGB holiday group where it was clearly relatively easy (I've skied with several of them and they aren't that hot).

The photos above are Easy Gully, Nevis, Scotland (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/freeskiing/4500991198/ )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy