Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So I heard James Cove is writing the official history of BASI ?

Poster: A snowHead
Dypcdiver, not at all offended, sorry if I gave you that impression Smile My only major quibble is your use of the word "facts", the "facts" differ depending on the person in matters like this so I'd be more inclined to say the only fact is people have different opinions and as I say "vive la différence". You have your opinion I have mine and others have theirs but I cannae take opinions dressed up as facts, I cannae take it Wink

PJSki, thanks for your input there; as a "rabid evangelist" who "is sure to put people off" I'd love to hear about your extensive experience of the "generally cr@p weather and the generally poor snow" in Scotland ... I have a vague memory we may have done this one before (might be wrong but that's life) but hey let's share the "cr@p" around once again Razz
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga, He's a Ski Club of Leafy Wimbledon hitman - they only pitch up when the order is taking a beating. Scotland isn't Val D'Isere and that's why I'd chose Scotland most of the time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, just to be clear are you referring to PJSki?

Judging by most of his posts on here I just presumed he was on (yet) another wind up lol! Laughing
Bode Swiller wrote:
Scotland isn't Val D'Isere and that's why I'd chose Scotland most of the time.

And bravo to that Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And many of us would prefer to avoid Val Despair... but PJski didn't actually mention it did he? Strawman there I think...

With one or brief 2 stops I could probably get to Aviemore after 9 hours of driving. If the M25 was not a car park... In that 9 hours I could be in Engelberg, or any number of train accessed Swiss resorts.

Here we have a thread where now two people have given their negative personal experiences of skiing in Scotland and got slagged off by some of the evangelists here, and there does seem to be some selective quoting of Mr Cove. This looks defensive and tetchy and is not a good advert.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roga,

I have just re-read my posts and see that the only opinion I have expressed is that you need to be local because of the weather conditions. believe I am entitled to an opinion based on my own experiences, as are you.

My facts,
The road and the mountain were closed, backed up by Dam great notice board in the middle of the A9 and a hotel full of truck drivers.
I did not put skis on, on 5 weekends (notice in hotel called it inclement weather).
I had 5 other weekends disrupted by bad weather or condition of the snow cover.
I had 2 memorably good days.
The bars were open despite the weather.
I now live 2 1/2 hours away from Soldeu and 7 hours driving from Chamonix.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoat of the dead, have to disagree, as I've said more than once we all have our opinions and vive la différence - not sure how saying that a few times or suggesting we are all presenting opinions rather than facts is "slagging anyone off" or being "tetchy" though but feel free to put me right on that so I can learn the error of my evangelistic ways Wink

Slightly puzzled how those of us being positive about Scotland can be accused of "slagging off" when we're the ones having words like "tetchy", "cr@p", "generally poor snow", "evangelist" and the very accusation of "slagging off" blithely chucked at us Puzzled

For the record 1, there's no doubt a very bad day in Scotland can be ... well, very bad indeed, there's a lot of agreement (and supporting photos) that a good day can be as good as ... well many other places. I'd agree that booking months in advance is dicey and I'd always advise people to be wary, but if you can grab your chance you can have a great time and planned trips can work too to be frank.

What is fact is that that a number of Snowheads (I'd guestimate probably 40/50) over the last 4/5 seasons have been on 'unofficial' bashes/trips there (see the thread on the March trip), many of which I've organised or attended. Of these one person last year definitely "hated it" and I can recall only one other person who said it had been a good experience and had to be done once but they probably wouldn't do it again (I paraphrase). Of the others many have been back and of the ones I've kept in touch with: one spent a couple of weeks last season touring round the ski areas in a caravan with partner, another was back last season with 4 mates who loved it and want to go back themselves (one has just bought a pair of skis off me) and one is now regularly off touring in the Scottish backcountry after the first intro to Scottish skiing, as well as anywhere north of Manchester, back in (IIRC) 2008. There's also a bunch from last season who are planning to repeat last seasons trip and again get the sleeper up from London or travel from all points north. Sooooo to suggest as fact Scottish skiing is only for locals is nonsense, opinion fine but given my personal experience and the evidence I present above please don't expect me to sit on my hands when people make assertions that simply don't stack up with my experience.

Now you might not like the facts or opinions I've presented above but you can rest assured that if you argue or disagree on any point I make I won't accuse you of being an "evangelist", being "tetchy" or of "slagging [me] off", after all discussing opinions is what these forums are all about is it not? Smile

For the record 2, I actually really like Espace Killy, have stayed in Val d'Isere a few times but prefer Tignes Les Brevieres (both for price and a more 'genuine' atmosphere) - I have a bunch of mates who work over there too ...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver wrote:
roga,

I have just re-read my posts and see that the only opinion I have expressed is that you need to be local because of the weather conditions. believe I am entitled to an opinion based on my own experiences, as are you.

Yes, how saying I disagree with your opinion is in any way threatening your right to those opinions beats me Puzzled
Quote:
My facts,
The road and the mountain were closed, backed up by Dam great notice board in the middle of the A9 and a hotel full of truck drivers.
I did not put skis on, on 5 weekends (notice in hotel called it inclement weather).
I had 5 other weekends disrupted by bad weather or condition of the snow cover.
I had 2 memorably good days.
The bars were open despite the weather.

At no point have I denied your experience and I'm sure these are facts, however drawing the conclusion that you don't bother unless you happen to be local is not fact, it's an opinion but I have no problem with you holding that opinion although you seem in some way 'troubled' by my countering your opinion ... I'm genuinely puzzled by that! Puzzled

The last couple of Xmas/New Year periods I've been up the road from Bristol to Aviemore, cold and lots of snow as you'll be aware, managed to get up fine. Had various friends heading to the Alps around about the same time or in January and both years at least one or two parties suffered terrible delays (weather, volcanoes or whatever it was), at least one party had their holiday effectively ruined by the experience, the others were a bit more stoic. Neither they nor myself have drawn the conclusion that the Alps are just for locals as a result and I'm sure many would agree that it might be a bit of an overreaction if we did.

This year they've got new ploughs and cold weather equipment at the airports so it should be better, since the 70s/80s/90s clearance of the A9 has improved immeasurably - perhaps some parallels?

Have to say though that these days the problems are often with the access road at Cairngorm which has been blocked for a week at a time by snow in recent seasons - the solution is to head west though, Nevis has low level gondola access so problem solved.

Out of interest how long ago was the experience you relate of road closures etc?
Quote:
I now live 2 1/2 hours away from Soldeu and 7 hours driving from Chamonix.

Personally in your position given a choice of Scotland or Chamonix, I'd head Chamonix way snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roga, Ok - you don't see it mate - I suspect lots of others do. This thread appears to have started with selective quoting of what one person had written. And the two people who have posted negative experiences have not been believed.

We know Scotland has had a few brilliant seasons recently. Long may this continue and good luck. I'd love to be closer. But you are hitting the same small nail with a damn great hammer and it does not look good.

I do think that the SCGB were twits for missing Scotland from that thing btw.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoat of the dead, all quoting is by it's very nature selective .... unless you quote in full but that's plagiarism apparently Wink

I have no major beef with the Cove piece so please don't address that one to me, it's inconsistent and open to misinterpretation would be my only comment about it's reporting of the original report (which I have read).

I believe all of the facts Dypcdiver has mentioned, I simply disagree with his conclusion - what other "negative experiences" do I apparently not believe?

Not sure about hammer and nails but I am drawing a distinction between facts and opinion Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoat of the dead - My main objection is that a journalist who has skied once in Scotland thinks its ok to submit a Scottish skiing is crap / no snow article as a press release to other web sites. Call it selective quoting if you want. I provided a link to the original article and several others agreed it was wrong. (natives.co.uk even issued a formal apology).

FWIW - If I lived in London I would ski in the alps too (its equidistant). That however does not mean that Scottish skiing cant be worthy for the millions of people living a little closer. Normally I like James Coves enthusiastic articles. But on this occasion he was off the mark. Indeed it could be claimed James Cove has made the error of selectivity quoting the original report to fit his negative story ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^ I think I agree in general there, the fact Cove's piece led to a very poor and highly negative Natives article is evidence to support that view I'd say. To their credit Natives subsequently withdrew the article and published a far more accurate piece in it's place - all power to them for that Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been banging my head against a brick wall, it is such a good feeling when you stop, that I might do it again. Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PJSki, you persist with this in various guises but the same basic message that is simply not relevant to the majority of people who use the Scottish Ski Areas, yet the crap spouted on the internet from distant people who feel they are obliged to crap on Scottish snowsports for whatever reason can damage the local market which is completely different to the holiday market.

Quote:
Ideally, I want to ski deep powder and have to book my trips in advance.

Again, you seem either unable to grasp or determined to ignore the huge difference between ski holidays and the daytrip or short semi-local weekend break (1 or at most 2 nights) market. The majority of skiers around the world are skiing on local hills, where skiing is something they do throughout the season and yes sometimes take the rough with the smooth, not something for a months ahead planned holiday alone. It can certainly rain plenty in Whistler or Tahoe, that's a maritime climate, I assume that means the skiing's shite there too? rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ ^ lol, I think we can agree on that Toofy Grin

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 13-10-11 12:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stoat of the dead, it was not selective quoting of Mr Cove on my part, I was commenting on an article on Natives which it transpired was very selectively edited from James Cove's full piece and subsequently pulled.
snow report
Winterhighland, so you relied on a secondary source, then commented in a public forum (that this thread is now no 1 Google hit for "James Cove Scotland") and whilst Natives have corrected what they said, you have left this little gem in this thread.

Quote:
rob@rar, it's ignorant personal prejudice dressed up as fact in a news article.

I have no opinions at all on Scottish skiing - other than wishing it were closer... in fact if someone could remove everything between Tunbridge Wells and Leeds, I'd live with that... Wink

But the impression I get from this thread is that one is not allowed to criticise it - even when - as 2 people have posted here - comments are clearly labelled as being based on personal experience.

Another topic to add to the "must not discuss list"
snow conditions
stote o' the deed wrote:
this thread is now no 1 Google hit for "James Cove Scotland"

Cor, there must be massive revenue earning opportunities available on that search. Laughing

stote o' the deed wrote:
Another topic to add to the "must not discuss list"

I can't see anyone not discussing it ... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
stoat of the dead wrote:
......I have no opinions at all on Scottish skiing - other than wishing it were closer... in fact if someone could remove everything between Tunbridge Wells and Leeds, I'd live with that... Wink..

Ahem. Could you leave Lincoln, please. Oh, and the Lincolnshire Wolds. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
stoat of the dead, lol top of the Google pops eh Wink

Is one of the 2 people you've referred to PJSki 'coz I'm still waiting for the full nightmare details of his presumably extensive Scottish skiing experiences, I'm looking forward to lots of repetitions of "cr@p" Wink

You can criticise it by all means but just bear in mind that a bunch of kilted, drunken, red headed, claymore wielding loonies shouting blood curdling unintelligible things like "ye think ye can crrrrriticise ooor skiing ye sassenach eeejit" will search ye ooot and make ye pay Wink

Sorry, it's silly o'clock!
snow report
achilles, nope... sorry and all that Toofy Grin
snow report
achilles wrote:
stoat of the dead wrote:
......I have no opinions at all on Scottish skiing - other than wishing it were closer... in fact if someone could remove everything between Tunbridge Wells and Leeds, I'd live with that... Wink..

Ahem. Could you leave Lincoln, please. Oh, and the Lincolnshire Wolds. Madeye-Smiley

The skiing is worse in Lincolshire than it is in Scotland.....
ski holidays
stoat of the dead, did I start the thread? No. Did natives explain it was a secondary source? No. Do I have any control over SEO on snowheads? No.

Quote:
must not discuss list

Discuss is one thing, but when people who are distant, have little or no experience of what their dishing and are frankly largely irrelevant to the market on which Scottish Snowsports depends feel the need to crap all over it, I and others will continue to call them out. Seen people here give their expert opinion on how awful they know Scottish Snowsports to be only for it to come out that they have either never skied in Scotland or have on a day or two, or even a part of a day!

You can go to any ski resort on Earth and have a crap day snow wise or weather wise. That goes with the territory, snowsports after all are mountain sports. Snowsports in a maritime climate will obviously have a different feel, vibe and weather influence to a continental climate - it's not about comparisons of better or worse, its about being something different. Some of the dishing of Scottish Snowsports is like saying an apple is a poor orange!
ski holidays
Quote:
rob@rar, it's ignorant personal prejudice dressed up as fact in a news article.

You accuse others of selective misquoting, then attribute a quote that was about the Natives article implying it was about James Cove's bit on planetski. rolling eyes

In case you haven't noticed Natives issued an apology and retraction of the article I was commenting about.

[edit]Brainfade was of course planetski not epicski!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 13-10-11 15:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I notice James Cove couldnt resist another small dig in his latest blog...
Coincidence that he published this at the start of the week ?
At the risk of selective quoting.

Quote:
BASI.... From its formation in Scotland in the early 1960s through the golden time of Scottish skiing in the 1970s to its demise as the snow stopped falling and the alpine package holiday took off.

http://www.planetski.eu/blog/102

I would have hoped the BBCs snow correspondent would have known the true definition of demise

demise
1. death or decease.
2.termination of existence or operation

I genuinely wish James Cove all the best. However news agencies such as Planet Snow circulating stories to other main stream media agencies about the demise of Scottish skiing cause very real damage to an industry that needs to get the message out that you can still ski in Scotland - and more importantly that it can be worthwhile.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 13-10-11 15:32; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Haggis_Trap wrote:
I genuinely wish James Cove all the best. However news agencies such as Planet Snow etc...
doesn't he own Planet Ski?
snow report
Winterhighland, you didn't exactly make that clear did you? read the sequence of posts again - and see if that is what someone reading the thread would think. I rather suspect they would read that as a comment on Mr Cove.

And again a few people have talked about their experiences skiing in Scotland on more than a few days, and their experiences are being ridiculed.

Not cool. Sad
ski holidays
Crikey. 'The Winking Owl' in James' blog. That brings back memories of a trip. It was heaving then.
snow report
achilles, doesn't heave so much now. Always put it on the pub crawl for old times sake though. Doo Below (which is being tastefully enlarged) is where you'll find the local colour these days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

when people who are distant, have little or no experience of what their dishing and are frankly largely irrelevant to the market on which Scottish Snowsports depends feel the need to crap all over it, I and others will continue to call them out. Seen people here give their expert opinion on how awful they know Scottish Snowsports to be only for it to come out that they have either never skied in Scotland or have on a day or two, or even a part of a day!

I agree, and though my only experience of Scottish skiing was poor (first day, brilliant sunshine, brilliant snow, queues from Hell, second day, blowing a hooley, lifts all closed by 11 am, I climbed up for one last run and smashed my knee on the way down, in part as a result of the rubbish hire equipment) that was a long time ago and I'm sure lots of great days are to be had. But it's not as consistent, or as easy to plan in advance, or as well-supported by wider infrastructure as skiing in the Alps - that does seem reasonably uncontroversial. But it's not just about facilities, or weather, it's also about "soul" and that's something I understand from my much wider and more positive (despite the weather.....) experience of Scottish sailing.

However, I do think it's true that the Scottish skiing enthusiasts get very defensive about any criticism. It's our Celtic inheritance, and I understand it.

There's more ignorant generalisation and snide comments on SHs about "French ski resorts" than there is about Scotland - we'd never get anything done if we tried to respond to them all. wink
snow conditions
Winterhighland wrote:
PJSki, you persist with this in various guises but the same basic message that is simply not relevant to the majority of people who use the Scottish Ski Areas, yet the crap spouted on the internet from distant people who feel they are obliged to crap on Scottish snowsports for whatever reason can damage the local market which is completely different to the holiday market.

Quote:
Ideally, I want to ski deep powder and have to book my trips in advance.

Again, you seem either unable to grasp or determined to ignore the huge difference between ski holidays and the daytrip or short semi-local weekend break (1 or at most 2 nights) market. The majority of skiers around the world are skiing on local hills, where skiing is something they do throughout the season and yes sometimes take the rough with the smooth, not something for a months ahead planned holiday alone. It can certainly rain plenty in Whistler or Tahoe, that's a maritime climate, I assume that means the skiing's shite there too? rolling eyes

What guises? Send me a link and I'll tell you if it was me or not. It's almost certainly not, btw.

Also, I believe I said I will ski Scotland again the next time I'm there and the snow is worth it. Pretty much the definition of a 'daytrip'. I won't be making any advanced booking though, for obvious reasons.
ski holidays
roga wrote:

For the record 1, there's no doubt a very bad day in Scotland can be ... well, very bad indeed, there's a lot of agreement (and supporting photos) that a good day can be as good as ... well many other places. I'd agree that booking months in advance is dicey and I'd always advise people to be wary, but if you can grab your chance you can have a great time and planned trips can work too to be frank.

Which is exactly what I said.

BTW, I won't be writing an essay on my Scottish skiing experiences for you enjoyment.
snow conditions
PJSki wrote:

Oh right, I obviously need to go to the opticians - could you guide me to the bit where I comment on the "generally cr@p weather and the generally poor snow" and also the bit where I use the phrase "rabid evangelism" to describe myself? Wink
Quote:
BTW, I won't be writing an essay on my Scottish skiing experiences for you enjoyment.

You do dissapoint NehNeh
snow report
roga wrote:
PJSki wrote:

Oh right, I obviously need to go to the opticians - could you guide me to the bit where I comment on the "generally cr@p weather and the generally poor snow" and also the bit where I use the phrase "rabid evangelism" to describe myself? Wink
Quote:

You do dissapoint NehNeh

If you book in advance, you will generally have poor snow and cr@p weather unless you are very, very, very lucky. You clearly agree, because you too advise against making advanced bookings. Of course your advice excludes a very large number of people.
snow conditions
PJSki, I meant guises as in variations of what you say, not under different usernames. This thread is becoming a very fine example of how meaning and context can get lost so easily online...
snow conditions
pam w, the queues of old were indeed hellish (not all the time and not everywhere though).

The queues and crowds of the late 80's and early 90's are looked at from some quarters as some sort of sign a halcyon age of Scottish Skiing, which IMO is to totally misread the situation entirely. That should be borne in mind when considering the HIE commissioned report which indirectly started this thread off.

The numbers skiing then were wholly unsustainable and in 89 and 90 the average daily number on CairnGorm Mountain passed 3600.... The situation was becoming farcical and made worse by a run of truly horrendous seasons in 89, 90 and 92. This period did long term damage to Scottish Snowsports that appears to have lasted a generation, giving birth to the no snow and huge queues perception.

A perception that was enormously strengthened by media and conservation bodies use of the emotive power of snow with increasingly 'sexed up' reporting on global warming. To a degree where many folk (even relatively local) now believe the normal situation on the ground in the Scottish Mountains is actually worse than some of the worst case scenarios predicted for the 2080s. In the past 2 seasons esp, but since 2008 to some degree I've spoken to countless people on lifts and tows in Scotland for whom this was either their first season or in some cases first day riding in Scotland since the late 80s, that's just underlines the damage done by this perception and the media (new and old) stories that perpetuate the no snow myth.

There has never been the so called nightmare scenario of the no-snow winter for any of the Scottish Snowsports Areas, yet the number of people who believe this scenario is a regular occurrence is scary. Sad

A very unfortunate perception from the end of the 80s has grown arms and legs into a complete myth which being perpetuated and re-enforced regularly, by comments just like "the golden time of Scottish skiing in the 1970s to its demise as the snow stopped falling". A myth which has put real businesses to the wall. This myth needs to be scotched once and for all, people with no connection to the local snowsports and winter mountaineering based industry / community struggle to comprehend just how damaging it is, damaging to real businesses, real peoples livelihoods.

Even the HIE report describes busting the no snow myth as one of the biggest and most critical challenges facing Scottish Snowsports.
snow report
Winterhighland wrote:
A perception that was enormously strengthened by media and conservation bodies use of the emotive power of snow with increasingly 'sexed up' reporting on global warming. To a degree where many folk (even relatively local) now believe the normal situation on the ground in the Scottish Mountains is actually worse than some of the worst case scenarios predicted for the 2080s.

Yep, not helped by 'information' such as this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/snowfalls-are-now-just-a-thing-of-the-past-724017.html
ski holidays
PJSki, strictly speaking that's not what I said (but that's rather the point isn't it!), I wouldn't advise anyone to book well in advance if they can be more flexible but I know lots of cases where booking in advance has led to good things. However, as has been pointed out to you by IIRC Winterhighland (another point you've chosen to ignore) none of us is saying Scotland is primarily a week or 2 week holiday ski destination like the Alps, short breaks are more what we're discussing.

At no point have I said anything was "cr@p", not even your ability to understand what other people are in fact clearly saying Smile

Anyway, I think you've led me round in circles for long enough now so I'm not playing any more Razz
snow report
Winterhighland wrote:
PJSki, I meant guises as in variations of what you say, not under different usernames. This thread is becoming a very fine example of how meaning and context can get lost so easily online...

Easily or deliberately? Wink
snow conditions
Why do I keep thinking about the Glencoe Massacre? wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Of course your advice excludes a very large number of people.

This really is why I contribute to this thread. If people continue writing stories (in October) saying that it is pointless to try to ski in Scotland because there is never any snow, there won't be any lifts left and the excluded people will be everyone.

I am not a forward planner most of the time and yet I find that I can still consistently encounter good conditions at all the ski areas in Scotland because I don't have to take any time off work. It's not that far/tough a drive from here so it is a reasonable weekend break for a large number (I'd say those living closer than a line around roughly Chester/Stoke/Mansfield/Grimsby but YMMV). None of these people can get to the Alps without breaking into a week (when most of us go to work) which requires forward planning and uses up holiday. I think that is about 25 million people. All the skiers in this area should be the market, but eg Dypcdiver think the market is all those within 1hr drive of a ski area. That's less than a million people. It's not enough and is misguided.

There should be enough skiers among the 25 million to give plenty of custom to 5 small ski areas but way too many are put off by an outdated perception that when they go, the weather will inevitably be terrible and there won't be any snow. Some days that will be true, but nowadays I can tell when that is the case, and will do something else that weekend. So could many others. When the weather is going to be great, going skiing is a realistic thing to enjoy for a huge number of people in the UK but most of them don't know it and articles like this written from a London viewpoint are misleading them. This is fine for me at the moment as I rarely have to queue at the lifts and get in a lot of great skiing. I'm used to the old, slow lifts and am not bothered about having comfy chairs. But those empty slopes can't stay this empty or the ski centres will go bust and large areas of rural Scotland will have even fewer winter employment opportunities than they do currently. Ski Scotland have managed to persuade BBC Scotland that they should briefly mention the conditions in the main evening weather bulletin but more people are urgently needed on the slopes when conditions are good and they will only come if they realise what they are missing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy